We had a room in Hill House, just up the road from the pub itself. The bedroom was nice but wasn't one of the modernised rooms - the bathroom was definitely not modern. That said, everything was clean and tidy. It was quiet during the night, and as it was Christmas we fancied a lie in, however, it was pretty noisy in the morning as i think we were above the kitchen. It's a small point though.
We had dinner in the restaurant and it was great. The food was delicious and the service very good. The restaurant was heaving so we were advised to book.
There's a village shop opposite Hill House which is handy for a newspaper in the morning.
All in all, a good night and we'd recommend staying and eating there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bell Inn Hotel is a boutique establishment featuring 27 individually-styled bedrooms. Some are above the 15th century coaching Inn with the rest in 2 beautifully converted Georgian buildings, a few paces up the high street. Rooms vary in size from cosy nooks to grand suites. All feature modern and period twists that are sympathetic to the listed buildings that house them. The hotel appears in The Times Cool Hotel List May 2014. Award winning food and bars are available in The Bell Inn and The Ostlers. Room Rates are inclusive of continental breakfast. Nearest Stations: Laindon - (10 minutes)West Horndon - (10 minutes)Nearest AirportsGatwick - (50 minutes)Heathrow - (60 minutes)Stansted - (45 minutes)Southend (30 mins)London City Airport (30 mins) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Bell Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bell Inn And Hill House
- Bell Inn & Hill House Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill
- Bell Hotel Hill
- The Bell Inn Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill, Essex