“Disapointing”

The Bell Inn Hotel
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2003

Only went to the Bell for a meal. Starters good, one of the meals not hot enough, main meal good, only one of us had a desert, chocolate and lavender- chocolate taste did not come through. PROBLEM that spoinlt the night. Having taken a sip of my pint I returned a pint of lager as I thought it did not taste correct (30 years experience of drinling lager). On receiving the bill I noticed that I had been charged for the pint. I spoke tho the waiter and he said that the manager said that as I had ordered the pint and taken a sip then I should pay for it. I spoke to the manager and he said that he knew better than me. Obviously this spoilt a average meal and I did not feel the need to leave a tip on a £90 meal. The manager may have many years experience in running a restaurant but customer satisfaction was not his main skill, I most definatley will not be going back

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2003

My husband & I spent our 1st night as a married couple at The Bell Inn. We stayed in the Lady Hamilton Suite. It was wonderful. Rich fabrics, a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us. The bed was comfortable and set us off to a great start in our married life.The breakfast next morning was served by really friendly, helpful staff & they made us feel really special. We have been back for a couple of meals, as they offer such quality and varied food. I hope we can go back to celebrate our 1st anniversary in June. Give it a try. You've got nothing to lose.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horndon-on-the-Hill
Orsett Hall
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa
De Rougemont Manor
De Rougemont Manor
#3 of 4 in Brentwood

Been to The Bell Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!