I should have written this review ages ago as we found the hotel by accident - we were stuck on the M25 in the snow and pulled off to find somewhere to sleep. I could not believe we had been so lucky! This is a wonderful hotel with a superb restaurant and reasonably priced rooms. I loved the atmosphere of the dining room and the rooms were warm, comfortable and cosy. Everything seemed magical. We definitely plan to go back this autumn/winter (perhaps not when it snows!) because the log fires, the ambience of the restaurant and the gorgeous rooms make it a perfect spot to stop on a cold winters night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bell Inn Hotel is a boutique establishment featuring 27 individually-styled bedrooms. Some are above the 15th century coaching Inn with the rest in 2 beautifully converted Georgian buildings, a few paces up the high street. Rooms vary in size from cosy nooks to grand suites. All feature modern and period twists that are sympathetic to the listed buildings that house them. The hotel appears in The Times Cool Hotel List May 2014. Award winning food and bars are available in The Bell Inn and The Ostlers. Room Rates are inclusive of continental breakfast. Nearest Stations: Laindon - (10 minutes)West Horndon - (10 minutes)Nearest AirportsGatwick - (50 minutes)Heathrow - (60 minutes)Stansted - (45 minutes)Southend (30 mins)London City Airport (30 mins) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your The Bell Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bell Inn And Hill House
- Bell Inn & Hill House Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill
- Bell Hotel Hill
- The Bell Inn Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill, Essex