“A good night”

Simply Blues
Ranked #79 of 111 Restaurants in Hornchurch
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A good night”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Me and 5 friends went here last week the food was great we always get the double dealer chicken and ribs, the ribs here can't be beaten. Are waiter was very very polite and actually happy unlike other places where the staff look ready to commit suicide.

3 Thank obscuretraveller1

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Over rated!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I had heard Simply Blues was a fabulous place to eat with Food to die for. I must have heard wrong. The restaurant is a shabby American diner. The tables & chairs are so close to each other that its an invasion of personal space. The food was disgusting...my starter was a couple of mushrooms swimming in Garlic Oil. The steak was burnt (I notice they have a disclaimer on the menu stating you cannot return the steak!) & I don't appreciate eating frozen chips. Not for the price they charge anyway! All in all there are better restaurants out there at the cheaper the price.

Essex, United Kingdom
“I could have done better at home!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I went to Simply Blues last week for a friends birthday and was unpleasantly surprised. The service was slow, the food looked and tasted like it had been bought at Iceland then microwaved, and the drinks were expensive (£5 for a non-alcoholic cocktail!!). I don't think I'll be going back in a hurry!!

1 Thank Hawkesk
London, England, United Kingdom
“Bit mixed”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Usually you can have a great sociable meal here but tonight was a little disappointing. Service was slow with only 7 tables served in the 2 hours we were there. Do not visit if your in a rush as mains take at least 45 min to arrive, even without a starter. The food quality is great but occasionally the music is too loud however they will adjust this if requested. I've had some great nights here but on a quiet Monday night, you may be disappointed.

Essex
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So disappointed”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Me and my husband have been going to this restaurant in leigh on sea for nearly 30 years, we've always loved the food and the atmosphere and the staff there have always been great, however we went last night and were so disappounted, as soon as we walked in we knew something was different, they got our booking wrong i'd booked for 2 at 8, they thought 8 of us were going,the bloke who was serving seemed to think we was inconveniencing him by only being 2, we were rushed to our table then our food was rushed, the potato skins which i love were overcooked, my steak was rubbery i ate hardly anything, the music was different whats with the 80s stuff, i like that but not there its always been 60s soul, the cocktails admittedly were still good but that was it, overall unfriendly staff terrible service rubbish food and awful atmosphere i'm hoping its a blip but if the same staff are there then i can't see it, won't go again for a long while and that will only be for a drink just to see if someone has seen sense and changed it for the better not totally worse.

• Visited July 2012