“Very nice Thai”

Thai River
Ranked #29 of 108 Restaurants in Hornchurch
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Very nice Thai”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

The closest we can find to traditional Thai food. Fresh and tasty. Try the mango salad and dim sum. Recomended

hornchurch
“The best thai food”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Thai has got to be at the top of my list of fave foods, so having tried some top notch Thai resteraunts in London, I cannot find one that is as great tasting as this, good value too. So glad it's on my doorstep!

London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended for a good meal at a good price”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We've been here on a number of occasions - both eating in and to take away.
The staff are efficient and serve you quickly, however, they can appear a little eager to take your plates, but I think they just like to make sure you're not left waiting.
The food is full of flavour and the prices are great value - I dont know how anyone can say some of their prices are expensive - it's £6.95 for a duck curry?! However, I do think they could add a few more prawns to the Tom Kha Gha!They do 10% discount Mon-Wed and we paid less than £30 for a full meal for two! They have a few westernised dishes but generally the tastes are pretty authentic.
The crab fried rice tastes amazing, if a little peppery and if you fancy something different I'd definitely recommend the weeping tiger. One thing to note is that a lot of their dishes are spicy!! If you dont like hot food make sure you ask them to make it non spicy - I think I've finally learnt my lesson. Overall very good prices and definitely a firm favourite of ours.

• Visited August 2012
london
“excellent little place”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have visited this restaurant a couple of times now and it is fast becoming one of my favourites. It is small but quaint. The service is excellent, the food which is superb is served fast but there is no feeling of being rushed. We have had quite a few things from the menu, none of which have been a disapointment. I have only ever gone during the week when getting a table is relatively easy but I understand from friends who go that the weekends get very busy and it is necessary to book.

• Visited June 2012
London UK
“Couldn't fault it!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Extremely enjoyable evening at the Thai River. Food portions were good and the selection plentiful and tasty. The service was kind and attentive and the Monsoon Valley Thai wine was reasonably priced. Could not have wanted more. Excellent.

• Visited June 2012