“Love this place”

Ranked #90 of 124 Restaurants in Hornchurch
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: zarana is a fine dining indian restaurant. famous taj restaurant in new Delhi chef mr sing and mr ala working in zarana last five years.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I ate here last night after going out for my mother-in-laws birthday. I have been here a few times before and the place gets better and better. Staff and prompt to seat you and friendly. We were served quickly for drinks and poppadoms. Starters came out in an acceptable time, not too soon or left waiting too long. Staff waited for us to finish far enough away not to feel rushed. Main was served well and we all enjoyed our meal very much. A meal for 3 cost £60 (no pudding) and that was with drinks included (my partner had 2 cobra beers, I was just on the diet cokes as I was driving). Atmosphere was excellent as always and modern Indian music in the background. We all got a shot of Baileys after the bill was paid which was a nice touch. I cant recommend this place enough. It is a little gem of a place!

4  Thank Luaraloo

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went Zarana last Friday night. As a Indian I would say the food was excellent, mimzy and other staff are helpfull too. We got free short drinks with our bill. We will beck soon.
I would say if you are a curry lover you should go Zarana.

4  Thank Monu12345
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was the first time at this restaurant, We were greeted and sat at the table quite promptly,

The waiter was quick to bring us drinks and poppadoms and dips, as we looked at the menu.

We had two starters, two main courses, one side dish and two different rices, also another two poppadoms.

The deserts were nice but lacked any presentation skills as they were the brought in ready frozen types as is normally found in Indian restaurants!

We had two alcoholic drinks each and the wife had mixers with hers!

When the bill came we were given two Brandies courtesy of the restaurant, which was a nice gesture!

The price at £61.00 was less than we would have paid in some of the tattier areas in Essex!

The overall experience was quite good and no noisy people swearing and shouting as is often found, whether it is the same later in the evening I cannot say. I personally found it very nice!

5  Thank BrianFrisby
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to this restaurant with friends and none of us had been there before. It was a Saturday night and only two other tables were in use. We were directed to the back of the restaurant so two of us were facing a wall which I found odd when the restaurant was nearly empty. The waiters were very prompt at taking our order but we felt they were rushing us through the meal and were loitering around our table a lot to remove empty plates and dishes which made us feel very uncomfortable. Our friend ordered a madras but was disappointed as it was not very hot. The place had no atmosphere and waiters not that friendly. We used our tastecard but bill was still expensive. Would not recommend when I know there are other great indian restaurants in Hornchurch.

3  Thank Jan B
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went on a Thursday night for the banquet menu, which is priced at £14.95 as there is also live music. As we were seated before the live music started, we were offered the banquet at the mid-week price of £12.95, which we thought was a nice gesture.
When the live act did turn up (we had finished our meal and were ordering coffees), it turned out to be a very jaded looking Elvis impersonator, who despite appearances gave us great entertainment!
The food itself was really tasty. My lamb dhansak could have done with being a little hotter but it still had lots of flavour so I can't complain too much. Their tarka dahl is really nice too.
The only negative feedback I can really give is that the waiting staff really seemed to be under a lot of pressure, perhaps understaffed and were rushing all over the place all night. Whilst we were never made to feel rushed, in fact we spent 2 and a half hours in the restaurant, there was a feeling of the staff bustling around chaotically!
The banquet menu is so reasonably priced, I think anyone would be mad to order a la carte on the nights the banquet is on offer. For that reason, I would probably only come here Sunday - Thursday because judging by some of the comments on here, it can be a bit expensive if you order a la carte.

2  Thank ncnstntn