“Very tasty food”
Review of Alasya Turkish Restaurant - CLOSED

Alasya Turkish Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Alasya offers you a warm welcome that is accustomed in Turkish culture with our friendly and relaxing ambience. Perfect to host your special event or simply enjoy a meal. Come and experience the flavours of our extensive menu full of delicious choices. All prepared by our skilled chefs with the finest and freshest ingredients.We pride ourselves on only using the finest and freshest ingredients to prepare our dishes, coupled with authentic cooking techniques over real oak charcoal keeping true to the originators of the World Class Turkish Cuisine. We also have great live entertainment on;Fridays - Belly DancersSaturdays - Live Turkish & English Music
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Very tasty food”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The food here is amazing, great atmosphere, live belly dancer. What let down our visit, where we spent over £100, was the body odour on the waiter. Sadly this was so off putting that only two mouthfuls of mains was consumed before we decided to leave. Have previously eaten here and not a problem. The food was amazing, but the stench won out.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank BelsteadFamily

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent - highly recommended”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

As it was recommended we went to Alasya in Hornchurch with 15 mates for my friends birthday party. The food was fantastic, superb and friendly service.
I cannot understand why people would complain about. There were 60 covers and many people were dancing and enjoying the night.... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED... we will definately go again.

• Visited March 2012
4 Thank Chris V
romford
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Been here four times previously. Both service and food good all times so I booked a table for four with friends to celebrate a birthday. This was the fist visit for my friends and I had praised the restaurant to them beforehand.
The Alasya has what can only be described as a porch immediately on entering the door. This is partially separated from the rest of the dining area by a half partition, but contains a table for four within it.
Our table was booked for 7 p.m. but we arrived 25 minutes early. The place was completely empty but for two people near the bar. We asked to be seated and were taken back to the porch where we were told our table was. Since I had booked about a week previously I asked the waiter if we could be moved into the restaurant proper. I pointed out that this table was right next to the main door and we would be blasted with cold air every time it was opened. Also you dont really feel that you are in the retsuarant when sitting here as it is slightly separate.
The waiters was totally unaccomodating to our wishes even though there were around 50 empty seats. He stated that all the other tables were for large parties and that this was the only table we could have. He then suggested that it would be alright as no-one else was due for at least another hour so the door would not be opened! This missed my point entirely.
I again asked to be moved as we were not happy sitting in the porch but he again said no. At this point I told him this was unacceptable and we left the restaurant. No apology was forthcoming, just a shrug of the shoulders and a 'take it or leave it ' attitude.

I found this very embarrasing particularly as it was a birthday celebration and I had recommended this place. We were early but would have been happy to come back at our appointed time, however, it would seem this probably was never an option as the place was set out for several large parties.

We wont be going back to the Alasya and I will be encouraging friends and business colleagues to do likewise after this. By all means take a chance and book a table but if you are less then 5 you may end up out in the porch !!

Visited April 2012
3 Thank oldmanwork
london
“OK”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Pretty much agree with Bigworldsmallwallet's review, especially the carnivore delight comment. Staff, atmosphere are pleasant., all in all an OK place.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Travelmaster
hornchurch
“Great food”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Visited Alasya Turkish Resturant
Great menu very tasty succulent meat
Moussaka was awesome salad was very fresh great flavour been there three times
In the week and weekend. During the week very calm nice atmosphere great service.
Weekend very lively with music people got up had dance which was nice.
On a friday night there was a bellydancer
There was great to watch.
Great ambience at Alasya just do not want to leave.
Really enjoyed my vist to Alasya .
Will go again great night.
Try the full mix will blow your mind!!!

3 Thank dave m