“My Favourite Hornchurch Pub!”

The Railway Ember Inn
Ranked #27 of 118 Restaurants in Hornchurch
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have eaten at this establishment on many occasions and feel it's about time it I gave them a honest review.
The staff are brilliant and really make an effort to ensure you don't want for anything, they are constantly cleaning and are very quiick to clear your table after a meal without being intrusive.
The food really surprised me the first time I ate here as I was just expecting basic pub grub but it was really really nice! I'm a very fussy eater so to find somewhere I can have a glass of wine (or two!) and something lovely to eat is a big deal for me. Each time I've gone back I've had something different off the menu and have yet to be disappointed.
The pub itself is larger than I expected and theres plenty of seating thanks to the bar having two sides that are served from, It is very clean for somewhere thats so busy and they also have a selection of real ales that they seem to change weekly - this is a very nice touch for my fiancee. I have been there when the pub seems to get very busy however the standard in service never drops, they are always friendly and efficent.
I do not live local but everytime I visit Hornchurch I make sure I visit The Railway.

There are newer reviews for The Railway Ember Inn

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had a post Christmas get together here,as being next to Hornchurch District Line station it's a handy place to meet when people are coming from different areas.
The food was what you would expect in a town pub,nothing to write home about, but hot,filling & pretty good value for money.
One of our party had an issue with their meal & not only was their money refunded but they were given a drink on the house as well,so 10 out of 10 to the management for their response to complaints.
Good range of beers,though on the expensive side when compared to Wetherspoon's.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Food is standard chain type pub grub, but to be fair it is a step above Wetherspoon food. Good vlaue too; but as a pub this is quite a freindly place. Nice atmposhere and easy going, probably the best pub in town with a few real ales for beer drinkers and occassional events such as live music and quizzes. Many years this was a trouble pub but now it is well managed. Go for a pint of Broadside (if you like ale) and a burger. Can get busy and so service can be a bit pushed.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I usually find pubs beside rail stations best to be avoided but this is an exception. Friendly staff to match a warm atmosphere.
The food isnt great but the usual pub grub you expect from chains.