“Not what we expected”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary indian cuisine
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Being lovers of Indian food, we thought we'd give Riyadz a go after reading the reviews on here. We've eaten in a lot of Indian restaurants in the area and were quite disappointed with this one. The Sunday night all you can eat meal sounded great but unfortunately the service was poor. The waiters didn't seem to care whether the customers were there or not. The food was nice but nothing special. We wouldn't return here as there are far better restaurants nearby.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

This our regular, local dine-in Indian. Always spotlessly clean. The staff are some of the friendliest we've met. The food is always freshly prepared and never gives the impression of being 'reheated', unlike some other restaurants.
They are always willing to adapt dishes to your liking and will even cook dishes not on the menu. I recommend you ask them to prepare a dish of their choosing that is not on the menu and you will be pleasantly surprised.
An added bonus is that they accept 'Tastecard' which substantially reduces your bill.
Thoroughly recommended!

1  Thank RoverP6
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We visited Riyadz last night for the first time with neighbours who had raved about the food and service. And they were right, the food was authentic, and freshly prepared, the service was quick, although not too quick, and the waiters were very attentive. They knew my friends regular favourite dishes, and also made some dishes that were not on the menu. The Devil's tomato looked great, and my friend raved about it. And they prepared a lamb pattie with green chilli wrapped in a light omelette, which was not on the menu, which was delicious. I had butterfly king prawns in a thick sauce, which were lovely. Only 2 prawns, but very large and I was actually full. the restaurant is clean and well managed. I thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I've visited Riyadz and the food and service is very good. The staff welcome you and make you feel relaxed. The food is always a bit of me. I've eaten in a vast amount of Indian restaurants and I'd rate this one the best in the area. It has a modern look and plays authentic music unlike other Indian restaurants who play music from the game "Golden Axe". The location may not be the best but then you can always get a take away. Worth a try and if its only walking distance then you're onto a winner

3  Thank Johnny_Honeymoon