“Very good”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just had another very good meal at the Taste of Bengal, Always good service and food. Nothing but good everytime I have been.

2  Thank SarnB

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The staff here are alway helpful and happy.

This is our local indian me and my boyfriend have been eating here for over 3 years.

They open late and are always having people eat.

The food is cooked quickly but taste amazing the value for money is great too.

2  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Depends what you want but this place is not pretentious or posey but serves an extensive menu efficently and quickly. Great to take my Australian kids to a far more authentic experience than Aussie curry houses and at half the price.

2  Thank fiellis
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is definately your typical ' I've had six pints and I've got the munchies' type of Indian. Food is what you'd expect, probably over seasoned and full of -er- additives. I had a chicken masalla- balti- jalfrezi...a bit of everything, and it wasn't bad. Good value and service

1  Thank johnofhornchurch
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Only visited ToB because Dream curry,just up the road, was disappointingly closed .
Unlike years back,when this place would have been packed to the gunwales,it was only reasonably busy & we had no problem getting a table.
Apart from the owner,who is always friendly,the staff were an unhappy bunch of the "I wish I wasn't here " variety.
Our meals were delivered very rapidly,no waiting about here.
Sadly the food was a shadow of it's former self.
Both our main meals were so sweet as to be almost sickening,perhaps they're sponsored by Tate & Lyle?
Also the Chana Masala was served covered in a pink sauce,in the style if Chicken Tikka Massala & was also very sweet.
As others have mentioned the ToB does seem to be a little less expensive than the numerous other Hornchurch Indians,& if this is your main concern then perhaps this is the place for you.
If, on the other hand, you are looking for quality Indian food then I suggest you look elsewhere,unless you have a very sweet tooth.

2  Thank Bigworldsmallwallet