“Ticks All Boxes!”

The Green Man at Lindsell
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Great Dunmow
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Green Man at Lindsell is celebrating its second succesful year under the present management and we are pleased to welcome both old and new customers. In our cosy bar we have retained the buildings original features and given it a fresh contemporary edge where we welcome both drinkers and diners alike and our tables are available on a 'first come' basis offering an extensive range of dishes from salads, sharing planks to wholesome pub classics. Our 70 seat a la carte restaurant to the rear of the property is also not to be missed, with crisp white linen, delicious food and an extensive wine list making it the ideal place for lunch, dinner or any other special occasions. Bookings are welcome and recommended. We also have a large terrace area and extensive garden to dine alfresco or enjoy a champagne cocktail. We welcome families and have plenty of space for children to play. So come on in and take a look around and we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I chanced upon The Green Man on Saturday night when I was waiting for my son. He was playing in his band at a local wedding - so I had about 4 hours to kill. Firstly, compliments to the chef, because the meal I had was exquisite! However, my experience of The Green Man started when I first stepped over the threshold and received a very warm and friendly welcome from the lovely Landlady, Anna. Huge 10 out of 10 for looking after me as I was on my own, and I am not from around these parts! I've been to a lot of expensive restaurants around Surrey and London and many would struggle to compete with the ambiance and quality of the food at The Green Man. After my meal, I was able to sit on a comfy sofa, drinking coffees and ready my book! Anna popped over every now and again for a chat. I really couldn't have asked for more! Having read the other feedback on Trip Advisor, it is patently clear that a certain someone took umbrage at being requested not to bring their own drink into the restaurant (which I find an outrageous thing to do) and therefore decided to put the knife in by writing a load of rubbish about the food and service! A bit sad and underhand! It's a pity we live so far away because the Green Man would certainly be my number one place to go out for a meal. Anna, do you think you could open up in Surrey?!!

There are newer reviews for The Green Man at Lindsell

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Went in for lunch on the off chance - had not been in for a year or so. Service was great - the lady owner was charming and her colleague was also excellent . What a delightful change from the couldn't care less kids wandering aimlessly around the floor of the Angel down the road.
The food was very good - tasted fresh, cooked extremely well and very fairly priced. The prawns with mango salsa, fish & chips and the brownie sundae were superb. Really pleased to now have a good local pub/restaurant within walking distance. Thanks to the new owners.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I took my extended family there for my birthday celebrations and had the best steak I've ever had. So good I nearly ordered another for pudding. We all tried each others food which was unheard of! And they had a bouncy castle, so all the kids had a wonderful day out too running around the gardens. We really enjoyed the excellently kept ales and everyone enjoyed their food but the steak was tremendous.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed July 24, 2013

First visit for some time.Very good 2 or 3 course set menu.Limited choices but what can you expect for just £14.95.
Fish cake starter,pork loin and a tart.An extra portion of vegatables is required.
Above average outside seating area in the garden, inside to a very high standard.We will return.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently held our sons christening luncheon at The Green Man for 50plus guests and we were delighted with how it went. The food we chose was roasted meats and a selection of salads. All our guests commented how lovely the food was. The staff were very helpful and nothing was to much trouble. Our guests enjoyed the outside area and the children were kept entertained by the facilities provided. The Green Man certainly helped us remember a wonderful occasion and we would happily recommend.