“Great start to a holiday”
Review of Angel and Harp

Angel and Harp
Reserve with OpenTable
Angel and Harp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Great Dunmow
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Dined here before next day flight from Stansted Airport. I would thoroughly recommend this delightful restaurant. The food, service and ambience were excellent.

So good that we are planning a trip with more friends to Essex to dine there and explore the area more.

2  Thank Bren181254
There are newer reviews for Angel and Harp

Reviewed December 17, 2012

On recomendation my wife and I had dinner at The Angel and Harp, Dunmow for the first time about ten days ago.
The weather was cold and miserable but on entering The Angel the contrast was something to enjoy. The meet and greet was so friendly with a smile that said welcome. A lovely log fire gave off a lovely smell as if to say enjoy your evening. The other diners were of all ages and their low conversations and laughter added to the lovely decor. The sevice was excelent as was the food and wine. In all a lovely evening out on a cold and miserable night and I am glad I have found this gem.

2  Thank tony h
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We are so lucky to live quite close to the Angel and Harp!
The food is very good "pub grub" but it doesn't stop there. The head chef concocts some amazing specials at the weekends, and themed events, such as the recent Game Fortnight are not to be missed. We tend to go for the specials when available, but the pizzas are great too.
Whether in a large group or as a couple, we have always experienced a great service here. All of the staff are lovely and helpful. The atmosphere is lovely... candles on the tables in the evenings, a log fire in the winter and a huge beer garden when we are lucky enough to have some sun.
Our top tip is to join their mailing list or like them on facebook, as you can get loads of really good offers for the Angel and Harp, and their sister pub.

3  Thank EmmaS2000
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I´ve been twice and the first time I had turkey roast which was delicious!!
My second time I had a chicken and bacon sandwich which was also very good and both times I had the best chocolate brownie I´ve ever had!! It was delicious!!! I´ll come back only to have it once again!!!!

3  Thank PinPonBraintree
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Visited the pub on Tuesday night for two for one burger night. The burgers were great. The staff were very friendly and I have to say very helpful.

I would recommend the pub for burger night although you can go any night and get a burger.

2  Thank Debra M