See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 15, 2016

I had a good look around the internet for someplace to stay in this general area, although Homelye was my 2nd choice (1st was closer to my destination but fully booked), I wasn't disappointed.

I did somehow manage to book two rooms on-line instead of just the one I needed, however this was quickly and professionally resolved.

Homelye was easy to find, i just used the postcode in the address and TomTom found it with no problem, good signage on the main road (look out for a large water tower just at the turn-off from the main road). Is part of a farm but apart from being in a great location don't see the two overlapping too much, lovely location.

Arrival process was quick and efficient just next to the breakfast room & adjacent to a small bar area. I was shown across to my room for the night and was very pleased with the double room I was allocated.

Room had everything I needed, was clean and secure, as has been mentioned in other reviews, the toiletries are better than you get in many hotel chains. Freeview TV worked fine, plenty of lights and sockets & the room was large. Bed was a little firmer than I am used too, but wasn't a problem & I had a great nights sleep.

I should mention that the night I stayed over was the warmest September on record, it was very warm in the room also, however opening the two windows opposite each other in the bedroom let a nice cooling breeze flow through the room and there were no noise concerns so that worked great.

I had asked the gentleman who checked me in about possible eating options locally and he was most helpful, basically plenty of selection in Dunmow which is 2-3mins drive away.

Breakfast the next morning was very good, full cooked for me and it was all tasty and decent portions too :-) Plenty of cereal, fruit, yogurt to choose from also. Set me up for the day.

Check-out was quick and effortless and I was on my way in no time, saying cheerio to a lovely friendly black labrador as I left.

Overall, I will go out of my way to stay at this property again when I need someplace to stay in the general area and would have no hesitation in recommending. Looks like an ideal place to stay over before/after flying from Stansted also & I would say suitable for most types of travellers (family, business etc.)

Cheers
"Two Rooms" !!!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank AlbertNags
Reviewed August 19, 2016

The rates here are extremely reasonable; I've paid a lot more and received a lot less. Three of us stayed here for one night in one twin room and one double - and I can vouch for the the twin beds which were really, really comfortable. There is adequate storage and the bathroom is big, although a little tired, but was clean and the power shower (over a bath), delivered very hot water at good pressure.
The breakfast room is a lovely place - light, large and airy - and breakfast was lovely too, with more choice than one often finds - and the poached egg and scrambled eggs were cooked to perfection.
Despite the proximity to Stansted airport, I only heard 2 planes fly over all the time we were there, and there is no traffic noise as you are well off the road. There is also copious parking, a bar and a dog that smiles when you tickle its tummy......

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank rosnorfolk
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Neil & his partner were very friendly & accommodating. The room was lovely, with a tasty breakfast & great location. Very close to beautiful Dunmow village. I would highly recommend staying here. Complete with two beautiful dogs.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2016

Parking at the airport about £120 for 2 weeks. Park at Homelye Farm for 2 weeks, undercover, stay the night, fabulous breakfast taxi to and from airport - £120!!!
Beautiful rooms, superb location in the country, just 15 minutes from airport door-to-door and a really excellent breakfast!
Why would you choose anything else?
Peter H

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, they are converted stables and all ground-floor opening onto quiet courtyards
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Popeye227
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

Been here a couple of times now, always clean, comfortable and in a great location, with Great Dunmow only a couple of minutes by car, Stansted Airport is also only around 10-15 minutes away incase you want a nice room for the night before you fly. Breakfast is a must, very tasty indeed. :-)

Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business