“Wonderful wedding day”
Review of Pontlands Park

Pontlands Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Baddow
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We want to thank everyone at Pontlands Park for the significant contribution you made to ensure that it was such a wonderful wedding day for us on 19th July.

Since our initial visit, we knew that Pontlands Park was the perfect venue for our wedding.

We are very grateful to Jonathan Beck, the hotel manager, for his advice, guidance and support throughout the preparations and for the professionalism shown throughout the weekend.

Our wedding day went beautifully and the service provided to our families, guests and ourselves was outstanding. Gabriel, who looked after us throughout, and Dan, who served us during the wedding breakfast, deserve a special mention.

We have had many compliments too from our guests about the venue, food and service.

We shall always have positive memories of Pontlands Park and are pleased to be able to provide an unreserved recommendation.

Thank you all.

Simon and Jacqueline Mattick

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a special day here at Pontlands Park and thank you for such a lovely review.
I am pleased you and your guests all had a fabulous day and I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

A group of my friends came to a Robbie Williams tribute night. The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful. Really enjoyable evening food was good and the atmosphere was incredible. I did stay in a room for the night with friend. Only issue was that one of the doubles was a settee that turned into a double bed and unfortunately this wasn't very comfortable.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Pontlands Park.
I am pleased you were well looked after and enjoyed the event.
With regards to the beds in the room, you initially asked for a twin room but we did not have any available and were advised of the alternative we could offer, which was a sofa bed for the second bed, I will get this particular one checked out, just in case there are any issues with it.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Saturday July 19th we helped to organize a wedding for a fabulous couple and their friends and family. Having worked within many hotels in the Essex area I can positively say that this was a great experience working within Pontlands Park Hotel - service was wonderful from start to finish, they made me and my team so welcome and appreciated too! The guests were well looked after and the bride & groom were so happy with the standard of the food, service and overall experience. All the guests stayed over, as did I and the rooms are beautiful, all fully refurbished and comfortable - actually didn't want to get up on Sunday morning! I will have no problem recommending this hotel to clients in the future and the staff there can be very proud of themselves........... Jonathon the Manager has great attention to detail, as do his team of waiters/waitresses, big up to Gabrielle & Jordan too, most helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for another lovely review of Pontlands Park.
It is always a pleasure to hear that my staff have worked well alongside event organisers as well as the clients and that everyone had a fantastic day.
We look forward to working with you and your team again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We got married here in July after having to postpone our original date of June. Pontlands were incredibly understanding and accommodating when we requested the change of date nothing was too much trouble and all our guests accommodation was moved to the new date. Colette in particular was excellent and so was Jonathan. Our day went beautifully and the service us and our guests received was outstanding Dan who served us was great We have had so many compliments from our guests on the venue, food and service that many are coming back for another stay! We will definitely be coming back for dinner one night soon (the steak is so good!)

Thank you pontlands for making our wedding day so special!

Room Tip: 56 is lovely and big
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent wedding and congratulations!
I am pleased we were able to accommodate the change of date to work around your situation and the team looked after you well.
I will make sure that your positive comments are passed on to all involved and we look forward to welcoming you and your guests back again very soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel this week as a bridesmaid for my friends wedding. I can honestly say the customer service is by far the best I have received in this country. One waiter in particular Dan was fantastic. From start to finish he was exceptional. I would recommend this hotel as a wedding reception venue or just to stay for the night. The food in the restaurant was great too. Gold stars all round from me :)

• Stayed: June 2014
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park for your friends wedding.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were well looked after by the team, I will make sure that your comments are passed on to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My son recently got married and he and his wife had their reception here.
Many of the guests including my wife & I and members of our wider family and freinds stayed over.
The food and service were both excellent and everyone had a fabulous time. I would highly reccomend this place both as a wedding venue and as a hotel & resturant. The staff are all very competent and proffesional, I cannot praise them enough.
I just hope that its increasing popularity will not be its down fall as I hope to return.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for your review following your son's wedding here at Pontlands Park.
I am pleased that you and all of the guests enjoyed the wedding and your stay with us and were well looked after by the team. I will make sure that they see your comments.

We work hard to maintain our high standards, no matter how busy we are and do hope you will return again soon to enjoy more of what we offer.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We recently stayed at Pontlands Park as a night away for some relaxation and could not be happier with our choice.

The check-in was friendly and quickly which meant that we was in our room within no time and we was not disappointed with the room.

We stayed in room 72 (Deluxe Room) and this was extremely spacious with all amenities including tea/coffee, flat screen TV, desk, iron, sofa etc. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and great duvet. The room was clean and in an immaculate condition.

The bathroom was very modern and very spacious again with a separate shower cubicle from the bath which gave a choice. There was also a heated towel rail, large mirror and plenty of space.

We also made use of the attached spa facilities which were perfect. The pool was of adequate size with the advantages of both indoor and outdoor choices as well as a hot tub indoor and outdoors so perfect for the weather conditions we had. There was also a good size steam room and sauna which were very good. There is also a small fitness room but we didn't use this so can't comment on this

The breakfast was beautiful. We was able to order from the menu and the food was cooked to our order so very fresh and extremely tasty. You could order as much as you like so plentiful and there was also a continental buffet that you could use with the usual choices of pastries, juices, cereals and yoghurts.

The only down side to this review was that the breakfast price was not included in the room price which is very rare on the last few trips that I have booked. Its not a major problem but for the prices that are charged then I feel that breakfast should be included.

Will definitely be visiting again and can't wait for our next trip, rest and relaxation at its best.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us here at Pontlands Park.
I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and were able to get the relaxing break you were looking for, I will make sure your positive comments are passed on to the team.
With regards to breakfast inclusive rates, when booked direct with us most rates do include breakfast but those booked online via third party sites often do not, in future if you were looking for an inclusive rate it might be worth calling us or visiting our website to make your booking.

We do hope you will return next time you are looking for a relaxing escape.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Baddow
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay
Best Western Atlantic Hotel
Best Western Atlantic Hotel
#6 of 10 in Chelmsford

Been to Pontlands Park? Share your experiences!