Pontlands Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$69
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
$149
$84
Toprooms.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Chelmsford City Centre Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Restaurant
$99
$94
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Chelmsford (Boreham) Hotel(Chelmsford)(Great Value!)
$102
$133
$107
Travelocity
$168
The County Hotel(Chelmsford)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsafternoon teaspa facilitieswonderful weddingsandwicheswedding breakfastlovely hotellovely groundswedding receptionlounge barperfect venuechristmas dayevery member of staffstayed for one nightwaiting staffsunday lunchcouldn't faultbirthday party
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed for one night on a travelzoo offer [DBB]The room was large comfortable and clean,with a sofa and two armchairs.The bathroom was modern and well appointed.
The dinner was very good and service was pleasant and efficient,the breakfast was O.K. I would have preffered back bacon and sausages rather than streaky and chipolatas but that is my problem.
It was good to have the breakfast cooked to order instead of the usual buffet.
We had a very nice stay and I did make use of the leisure area,both pools were fine.
Will return

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for the lovely review following your recent stay with us.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed all of the aspects of your visit and will make sure the staff see your comments.
With regards to the items served at breakfast we will certainly make a note of your preferences and see if others feel the same and take this into consideration when reviewing the menu.

We hope to welcome you back when you are next in the area

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having been for lunch at pontlands park many years ago, I decided to book a room for my partner and myself. I have to say we were not disappointed. We had dinner included and turned up quite late -at 8:45. The staff we incredibly helpful, friendly and polite. Dan was very engaging and both he and Nathan went out of their way to make our dinner that much more enjoyable. The food was fantastic and working in hospitality myself, it was nice to build some rapport with the staff. We will be back :-)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and were well looked after the team.

We hope you won't leave it so long next time before you return.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My daughter treated me to an overnight stay at Pontland's Park as an early Mother's Day present.

We requested a superior double room with an extra bed and views; which we were duly given. The room was spacious and well equipped, with an hairdryer by the dressing table rather than in the bathroom; an excellent idea for ladies who take some time to make themselves more beautiful!

Everywhere was very clean and the service from all staff was friendly and helpful. I requested some fresh milk and an extra sheet both of which arrived within five minutes of the requests.

The restaurant food was without fault, every course freshly prepared in house and puts many local restaurants to shame. The waiters were happy,helpful and friendly too. I live within 20 mins drive of the hotel and will definitely return for meal with my husband.

The only area which was perhaps a little tired was that of the indoor pool which needed some maintenance/ refurbishment but there again the cafe staff were friendly and helpful.

We can recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys high a standard of food , cleanliness and service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us, which I am very pleased to read you both enjoyed.
We have taken a lot of time and put in a lot of effort to ensure guests enjoy their stay and it is always a pleasure to see that the little things, like a proper hairdryer, are appreciated!
If you could please contact me or the hotel regarding the issues with the pool that you mentioned I will get them looked at as we like to ensure that the standards here are as high as the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Impressive building and surroundings, staff that couldn't do enough for you, stunning room and delicious food!
Stayed in room 27 and thought the size and facilities and decor were luxurious.
Dan looked after us in the restaurant and so nice to receive great service with personality too.
Couldn't fault dinner or full English breakfast-delicious on both counts.
Felt like a special night away for our anniversary-absolutely lovely and would highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park and for sharing your pictures of the lovely room 27.
I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and were well looked after by the team.

Happy Anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have just spent two nights at the Pondlands Park Hotel. I arrived very jet-lagged on Valentine's afternoon and the reception staff, realising that, did not press me to make reservations for dinner - rather they invited me to come straight through once I was rested and ready to dine. They also checked on the time of Evensong at Chelmsford Cathedral and offered to obtain a taxi should I desire to go. I decided to attend the next evening when I was more rested but was most appreciative of their going above and beyond the call of duty on this.

Dinner in the Lounge was well served - the only niggle being that it took a great deal of time for the bill to arrive (actually on both nights) after I had finished my wine and meal. Otherwise, the meals in both the Lounge and the Restaurant were presented well and delicious with attentive staff who knew what they were doing.

The room was one of the refurbished ones and very spacious. It was a delight to have a choice between bath and shower with separate facilities for each. The bed was comfortable and the work area well lit which I needed as I put the finishing touches on a presentation.

I did not have a car but the bus stops just outside the hotel and while it is a bit of run to downtown Chelmsford it works. Just wish the bus ran a little later at night so one could enjoy Compline at the Cathedral on Friday evenings. But really nothing to complain about.

I look forward to returning another day with my spouse once we return to the UK to enjoy the delights of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the staff looked after you well and assisted you with your visit to the Cathedral. I have passed on your comments about this as well as the food to all of the team and also drawn their attention to your comment about the bill taking a little time to arrive after eating.

We look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in the area.