“Great Service”
Review of Pontlands Park

Pontlands Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Baddow
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here for one night while on business in the area. As a weary buisness traveller all i needed was a comfy bed & good food.

I was welcomed by a friendly receptionist and my room (26) was really lovely, recently refurbished, very roomy with a big bathroom and come morning a very pretty countryside view. The room service menu was varied and the food arrived promptly and was hot and very tasty.

There was a problem with my television (due to the recent bad weather) but the porter could not have been more helpful and replaced it with one from an empty room - no fuss just good service

Breakfast was efficient and a good choice on the buffet

i would recommend this hotel anyone - nothing fancy just great service

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room - not all have been done yet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park.
Is it always a pleasure to know guests have left satisfied, enjoyed their stay and been well looked after by the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My parents were over from Spain to visit family and as we live in Chelmsford I booked them a five night stay at Pontlands park - they can't stop talking about it!!! The hotel was amazing, set in the country side, spacious rooms which were decorated to the highest standard with amazing views across open fields. The hotel hosted a fantastic new lounge/bar area where they could sit in comfort, relax and read the paper, enjoy pre dinner drinks and even have a relaxing lunch or afteernoon T. As they were there over the weekend we booked a Sunday lunch for 4 adults and two children in the conservatory restaurant. A well laid out buffet for starters or main followed by a fabulous carvery with a good choice of meats. The deserts were ................ amazing!!! Can't wait to go back for more!!!
As for the staff - you won't find better, very friendly, polite and can't do enough to make your stay one to remember. My parents are already planning to go back there the next time they are in the uk.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing Pontlands Park for your parents stay and also for the lovely review.
It was a pleasure to read that they thoroughly enjoyed their time with us and were well looked after, I will make sure that the staff have seen your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you and your parents back in the near future.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Dear Pontlands Park,

We just wanted to drop you a line to say a huge Thank you for our fantastic Wedding Day on Friday 2 November 2012, with special thanks to Peter, Nathan, Dan and serving team for all their efforts and kindness. Please thank Chef and kitchen team too as the food was superb and we have already recieved many positive comments about both the meal (roast potatoes were fab!) and buffet.

I didn't have to worry about a thing as the staff were so attentive and the day was perfect, you even arranged the sunshine. When I walked into the Conservatory it looked stunning and took my breath away. Thanks also to Jonathan and Collette for all their preparatory work and endless patience.

I'm sure we'll see you all again soon as some of our guests are already talking about making bookings with you.

Kind regards,

Marion & Steve

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GoonerSteve21
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for your very kind words following your recent wedding at Pontlands Park.
I am pleased that you liked the newly refurbished Conservatory and cloakrooms which were finished just 2 days before your wedding.
I will make sure all of the staff see your comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your guests back in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I felt like royalty after my husband surprised me when he whisked me away for the night to Pontlands Park I instantly fell in love with the beautiful building, which has been lovingly kept in its period style. From the moment we arrived the staff were second to none, warm, friendly and discreet; they couldn’t do enough.
Our room was simply stunning! Exquisitely decorated and luxurious; complete with a sumptuous four-poster bed, spacious sitting area, beautiful bay window and a bathroom to die for, all in all made me feel like a princess!
After spending a relaxing afternoon in the spa; swimming and unwinding in the sauna we indulged in pre-dinner drinks in the lounge followed by a fabulous evening meal in the restaurant in what feels like a private dining room, with its high ceiling and decedent décor. After a superb nights sleep we indulged yet again in the hotels culinary delights! Breakfast was delicious, and what a choice!
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to treat themselves in a little luxury! My husband can certainly surprise me with another visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Pontlands Park, your husband chose well!
We have spent a lot of money upgrading the facilities in the hotel and it is always good to know that this is being appreciated and well received by customers.
I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the staff in all departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

lovely hotel, stayed with a friend, room was very clean with fluffy towels, not disappointed, bar staff very attentive, only complaint is the price of the drinks in the bar £8.50 for a glass of wine!! didnt relize this untill settling bill in morning, and they have a cheek of putting an extra 10% service charge on the bill!! member of staff at night was quite rude.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lisac6846
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments following your recent visit to Pontlands Park and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.
In the bar we offer 16 different wines and Champagnes by the glass, ranging in price from £3.10 to £12.50 so your comment about the price of the drinks does surprise me, we do add a discretionary service charge to all bills but the staff would have been happy to remove it if you were unhappy to pay it.
I would like to look in to who the night porter on duty was during your stay, if you contact me directly via the hotel and let me know when you stayed I will be able to investigate it further as this is not what I would expect from my staff.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed at Pontlands several times now and have never been disappointed. The recent refurbishments are really good and the breakfasts are good too. The only shame is the limited time that children are allowed in the swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you like all of the changes we have made recently.
Although the Leisure Centre is also owned by us it is run as a separate business and is a members club and as such we have to try and keep everyone happy. However I will consider your comments if we look to review the situation in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at Pontlands Park for three nights while attending a company conference. I was amazed at my room size. It was a split level room (Room 23), separating a cosy lounge area from the bedroom with double doors in between. The Bathroom was enormous, with both bath and large shower cubicle (everything gleamingly clean). The room had all amenties from hair dryer to Iron and kettle with tea and coffee provided also. I slept like a log all three nights due to the peacefulness of the surroundings,comfy bed and overall calm of the hotel. Breakfast was excellent, had the full english from the buffet every morning. The staff were also very pleasant and helpful without being interfering. I have a very comfortable home, but was sorry to leave. Will most definately stay again.
Keith R

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Pontlands Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your review of Pontlands Park.
You were staying in our newly refurbished suites which we are very proud of and it is always good to know that guests like them and the thought and effort that went in to them as much as we do.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future, be it on business or for pleasure.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Great Baddow
#3 of 4 in Brentwood
Prested Hall Hotel
Prested Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Feering

Been to Pontlands Park? Share your experiences!