“Won't be rushing back.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Raj Indian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 58 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Won't be rushing back.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went here for Sunday Buffet.The food was at best only average,nothing special.The food is brought to your table,it is not a self-service buffet.They have a set menu that is changed every Sunday.The food in all fairness was plentiful,bur service was slow,even though they weren't busy.the bill was close on £30 for two of us for two buffets,3 poppadoms with pickles and two drinks,so definitely not cheap. Don't think we shall be returning,there are better and cheaper around !!

• Visited November 2012

Epping, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't enjoy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Went to raj a few weeks ago with my wife and 8 year old son and we were very dissapointed. This was our second visit we thought the first time was rubbish to but thought we may have been unlucky and to give it another chance.How wrong was we? Firstly my son and I ordered Samosa as our starter it was terrible .........they were freezing cold although my wifes starter was very nice.

Also as we were eating our dinner one of the waiters kept walking past our table with a bin i mean not very hygienic hey???

okay so dinner i ordered a chicken vindaloo very bland didn't taste like any vindaloo i had ever tasted before and trust me i have eaten alot of vindaloos.My wife and son had a biryani.....they didn't like it.

All 3 of us was ill the next day. Also i found one of the waiters to be very rude. How this place is always full I will never know. They certainly will NOT be getting our custom again would rather use Zaikaa.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank jack b
“Exquisite food - superb Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

What a lovel Indian restaurant! The manager is so friendly and welcoming but the food is something to look forward too if you are an indian food lover.

Epping, United Kingdom
“Consistently high standard of food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I are regulars of this restaurant but we also travel widely throughout the country, eating at other Indian restaurants. We have yet to find one that offers such a high standard of food and service as the Raj. The staff are courteous, the food is always delicious and - this is an important point - it is served hot because table heaters are used.

Even when busy, the atmosphere is relaxed. The organisation is faultless and the snowy white tablecloths are spotless because they are swept away regularly, sometimes between courses. I am impressed by the consistency of their standards.

• Visited June 2012
Epping Essex
“Great food , service and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have eaten in many Indian restaurants throughout my life , must say RAj is one of the nicest ones I've been too !
Food is lovely , staff are friendly and polite . Also have had them cater for parties at our home which once again the food was lovely .
Been in there for birthdays, Christmas dos, family dinners and just as a couple !

Visited June 2012