“bell hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Epping
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“bell hotel”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Due to having a platinium card with best western I tend to get an upgrade which is a bonus . The staff are really friendly and will do anything for you. The rooms are very clean and good value for money. Been to this hotel twice and will return if in the area on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank JillieStaffs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Don't know what all the moans are about, room clean and tidy with everything working. Polite staff and breakfast fine and plenty of off road parking. I walked into epping for an evening meal and it was great for working up an appetite and walking off an excess of food on the way back.

2 Thank cornford
Vijay S, Manager at The Bell Hotel Epping, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued and really appreciated.

Hope to see you soon !!!

Best Regards,
Vijay Sharma
Ingbrirchworth, UK
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked this Hotel as it it was a Best Western, plus close the job.
Followed the sat nav and found it okay. On first appreances it looked like a run down Premier Inn/Travel Lodge, it was only the big Best Western sign that stood out.
I went into recption, where a nice polite young lady took my details and sorted my room out.
She said I had been upgrade, so thought I would expect a bit luxury!
Found the room, facing the road, in an anxe next to the main building.
I was very dissapointed with the room on first inspection, no luxury, just a room that need a complete make over.
I sat at the the table to do some e-mails, I nearly fell through the chair,it requires a reseat.
I went out for a walk, it's a good 15 minute walk into Epping Town center.
I got back, ran a bath, loads of Hot water, but again dissaponited as the Taps etc., could all do with re-newing.
My room face the road, but I couldn't hear the traffic, which was good.
I didn't sample the Indian restaraunt attached to the main building.
Overall, the Hotel requires a revamp, to bring it up to what a Best Western is usually like!!

Room Tip: My room face the road, but there were rooms further back, if road noise would upset you
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Epping hotels

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Staying here the website looks and appeals. After arriving my opinion was changed very quickly. The hotel itself is very tired. My partner informed reception on Friday 2 of 3 of he ladies toilets were blocked. On Sunday the same toilets were still blocked. Dinner was cold on the Friday. If you would like a battle trying to communicate with the staff this is the hotel for you. On Saturday night we headed for an early night as an early start was upon us. Little did we realise 3am was our wake up call by a group of young boys and girls shouting, swearing, banging, singing along the corridors and in their rooms. A fire door was smashed, tissue, paper and numerous other items thrown over the floor. It has to be said front of house was probably the most helpful chap I have come across.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DanCooke1980
harrogate
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stopped here on numerous occassion and it has gone from bad to worse last night was the worst yet ...was given an executive room which was full of dust fag burns in the duvet dirty marks on sheet ...desk chair which collapsed and comfy chair which looked like it had come out of a skip...electical equiptment and appliances 12months past there check by date and door to the block glass smashed and taped up with electrical tape...no duty manager available he was at home..obviuosly has some sense as who would want to be in the dump ..poor recepeptionist looked at the room and said she would not stop in it either ...absoulute disgrace and an insult to the BW sign

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jetboot
Oakland, California
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin?

As every other review has stated, it is such a shame that this hotel is so poorly managed- it's in a super location, but that's about all I can say.

I was thoroughly unimpressed right off the bat as we walked to out room (an executive suite) and passed two seemingly stolen Tesco grocery carts which served as Housekeeping's supply carts.

The room was stuffy and smelled of cologne-covered sweat.

The breakfast buffet (not included in the price of the stay) had options, but was not great quality, and fairly greasy. You are better off going to a cafe down the road.

What irritated me the most was the housekeeping service. We were in our room for most of one of the days, so missed housekeeping. Before we left for the evening, I called to request that someone come by- upon out return, we found a bag of towels and sheets outside for us to change them ourselves.

Housekeeping did not even come in the next day. In fairness, when I called to ask for someone to service the room, we were offered a complimentary drink in the bar while we waited for the room to be tidied-up. It was disappointing to find a can of freshener in our room when we returned - and based on the smell, it had obviously be used generously.

On the bright side, the windows opened!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BayAreaCA84
england
Reviewed January 2, 2014

A catalogue of disasters on arrival we were given a key that did not fit the door. Went for a shower at 2.30 pm water only tepid. We had a had a alarm sounding for 1minute at 4am. The breakfast was adequate although the bacon you could have resoled you shoes with. The staff are helpful but struggling with poor equipment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happytraveller64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Epping
Elmcroft Guest House
#1 of 2 in Waltham Abbey
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to The Bell Hotel Epping? Share your experiences!