“tooooo long”

Ranked #8 of 62 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique steakhouse experience: At Miller & Carter we know a thing or two about steak. In fact, we could say that we're one of the best steakhouses in Essex. But we'd rather leave that to your judgement. Because once you've tasted our hand-cut, 28-day aged British steaks you'll soon appreciate the care of our farmers, the exacting standards of our butchers and the passion of our chefs. Don't just take our word for it; book a table and decide for yourself. You'll find us at the heart of Epping Forest, near Theydon Bois golf club and High Beech and within easy access of the M25 J26. The best of British beef: Our premium-graded British beef is reared on carefully selected, sustainable farms. So whichever your favourite cut, we can trace every forkful back to the field. Looking foward to seeing you there Chris and the Epping Team
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Ok so i'm really disgusted by this one Miller and Carter Epping Forest, as it's not my first time dinning at a miller and carter. This is the good part: My boyfriend and i had an 8pm dinner reservation, we were seated at once, and we had our drinks in no time, the ambiance was fine just what you expect from Miller & Carter end of the good part.
We were ready to order as we got our drinks as we had an idea long before of what we wanted to eat. So lets say we placed our order at 8.05pm we got our starter at about 8.40pm and our main course at 9.17pm. Across from us there were another couple that was seated after we placed our order, however, they got their starters and main course about 10 mins before us. I asked the waitress if i can swap my coleslaw for a fresh salad, she said it wasnt possible, i then told her i don't want the coleslaw but i'll have a surf and turf instead, she said she'll give my bf my coleslaw as it was a free side with my order. When we finally got our order my boyfriend didn't get the coleslaw and i got the fresh salad and surf and turf. At the end of our main course we had a voucher for a free desert, we refused to order it in fear of having to wait another hour for it. The waitress didn't apologize for order taking long and no one checked up on us until while we were having main course.
I do like Miller and Carter a lot but Epping Forest you all need to do far better than that.

1  Thank Renee'Karamel B
There are newer reviews for Miller & Carter Epping Forest

Reviewed November 8, 2013

After booking a table at 8.30 I was not seated until gone 9 with no real apology from the manager.

The food was okay but not amazing and potentially not worth the price tag.

Just average in every way.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

went there with friends and family and it was really poor. our orders kept being forgotten or brohgt ove rincorrect. had to wait really long for everyhting and most main courser wer inedible. would not recomend at all!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The restaurant is very modern in design, was very well polished and decorated.
Advice to anyone intending to visit is to make a reservation at least 2 weeks in advance, as they start of being empty at 5pm but fully packed by 8pm.
We had some vouchers for a free starter or dessert for each person which saved us £36, bringing price per head down to £25.

The main course - I had the BBQ Ribs, were not bad at all. Plenty of meat on them, but I felt there wasn't enough BBQ sauce at all - tasted more like plain ribs. Chips were okay, however doesn't seem like they skinned the potatoes at all, not something I'm accustomed to or keen on.

Dessert - I had the Winterberry Mess, served in a goblet, which has actually really nice. It was mostly cream rather than meringue, but still very delicious.

Service wasn't anything special really.

Note as well - the restaurant offers free WiFi - however, in order to use it you need to receive a text - but, this restaurant is located in the middle of a forest, and I wasn't able to get signal at all! So I was unable to use the WiFi.

Overall, I was only slightly impressed, I would give this 'Very Good' but just didn't feel everything was up to scratch. And for the price, I could have just gotten takeaway which would have been nicer and inexpensive.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Food is very good, obviously take a lot care and consideration to their menu, because there is something for everyone. I highly recommend coming here if you ever drive past it. Once again awesome food, awesome service and a very nice place to eat