“April celebration”

The Clocktower Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Two of us visited the Clocktower on 12 April, to celebrate the late arrival of this year's spring. We had a wonderful time; quick, helpful service from two charming young women, and excellent food. The tempura mussels with sesame dipping sauce, and the lamb in red wine sauce were particularly good. Very reasonable bill, especially with a bottle of house red, nice and dry, and Calvados with the coffee. Lovely ambience, comfortable seats, even some live music. We really enjoyed our evening out.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I agreed to go to this restaurant as I'd previously had a very good Engish breakfast here. However, this was a Sunday lunchtime and the choice was varied and included a sunday roast. Whilst the decor is lovely and the staff friendly and helpful the food was mediocre, in fact one of our party described the food as lazy and I understood what he meant , for example items like the saute potatoes were over cooked and not particulary fresh and the apple crumble didn't contain fresh apples but apple puree. Our fish was lovely but the portion was small which is a shame as this was possibly the only fresh cooked item on the menu.! I would return for breakfast but not lunch or dinner.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and I have been coming to the Clocktower for years and it never disappoints. The food is delicious, the atmosphere lovely and the staff friendly. We always being our friends here if they are visiting. I couldn't recomend the Clocktower enough, it is the best food in the area in my opinion.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Food is edible, but nothing special. I would not have been too surprised by the quality of my fillet steak meal if it had cost £12, but for £21 I expect much more. The steak was small and drowned in pepper sauce, I asked for it to be medium rare and it arrived medium to well done. Fries were hot but carelessly prepared and presented, like a cafe. My wife's pork loin was no better. The service was brusque. Won't be returning.

1  Thank travellingismeanddeb
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went in here with limited expectations and were blown away by the ambience, food, service and a super guitarist playing gently and unobtrusively in the background. Reasonable prices too.... highly recommended!!!!