“Tip top Thai restaurant”
Review of The Cock & Magpie

The Cock & Magpie
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Epping
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Midlands
“Tip top Thai restaurant”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

What a Fab, Fab, Fab, restaurant in the middle of Epping countryside. A pleasant and enjoyable meal was had at this restaurant. The menu is very good with a wide choice, the waiting staff are very attentive but also able to advice on your choice of food. The food was well presented and tasted good. I would definitely go back.........GREAT!

Visited July 2013

essex, uk
“what a lovely treat”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My son took myself and my husband there , last week . We were greeted by the very young Thai lady , who throughout the night was very attentive with all the customers , The service was excellent , food was wonderful , and service was quick and efficient, she came over and asked if the food was ok frequently. We enjoyed the meal and will be going back there. Well worth a try .

• Visited October 2013
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise in the English countryside”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant in Epping Green - the 'Ruen Thai' is part of the Cock and Magpie pub.
The restaurant has a reasonably sized seating area, albeit rather basic, and I believe there is an outside eating area as well BUT the car park seemed quite small....
The two of us arrived just before 6.30pm on a Friday evening to find the restaurant empty - a family subsequently arrived at about 6.45 but I'm told it can get quite busy later in the evening. We were warmly welcomed by a charming Thai host who set the scene for the whole experience. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and very efficient. Whilst we were given all the time we needed our order was taken quickly and the courses arrived promptly.
There is an extensive menu and the starters and main courses we had were cooked well, the flavours of fresh individual ingredients being clearly discernible - a very pleasant meal. Portion sizes were fine and prices very reasonable.
All in all, a very relaxed and pleasant experience.
I would recommend this restaurant to others and I will be returning occasionally.

Visited August 2013
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Went with family on a hot summer late afternoon to this wonderful Thai hidden away in Essex.

We chose to sit outside in the spacious garden where my boys could be active. The garden had a number of Salathai, wooden gazebo type structures, all with tables for you to enjoy eating outside.

My family sat in the larger one as there where 8 of us.

Service was good although a little robotic to our table. The food itself was excellent. The Gra Pow was one of the best I've eaten in an age and the lab was also very popular.

Great value and definatley worth a future visit, even if just for a light dish and drink. The Salathai's provide a nice touch.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Tofu dish!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My hubbie treated me to an Easter Monday meal here as thai is traditionally a little healthier than other styles of food! We are vegetarian so it was great to have tofu on the menu with more than 1 choice. The tofu dish I had was lovely and light, it was in ginger sauce and was one of the best tofu dishes I have had (it helps that it is not too calorific either!) I was also pleased to see good traditional hot pub desserts on the menu (we where going to go somewhere else for dessert originally) and at a reasonable cost too (£3.50),and enjoyed the treacle pudding. Good service when we visited.

• Visited April 2013