“Fabulous food!!!”
Review of The Ocean

The Ocean
Ranked #72 of 192 Restaurants in Clacton-on-Sea
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Diners at The Ocean Restaurant can enjoy an exciting menu of high quality, homemade food that specialises in grilled dishes and fish. Or why not try your hand at cooking your own food at the table on hot stones? Whether you are partial to prawns, have a weakness for steak, or find ribs irresistible, there is sure to be a choice for you. Top and tail your meal from our selection of homemade starters and desserts.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Had dinner here last night with a friend. What a lovely restaurant. The service was exceptional, the atmosphere was great, the setting perfect and the food was amazing!! And a lively bar next door to round the evening off!!

I shall definitely be coming back, next week in fact.!!

1  Thank breadsauce
There are newer reviews for The Ocean

Reviewed February 23, 2013

It was a cold Thursday in Clacton, the end of a hectic day's visit and we fancied a good evening meal to round things off so we fired up the laptop and consulted 'Trip Advisor' for some ideas.

Near the top of the list was the well reviewed 'Ocean' and a quick phone call secured a table for half an hour hence when parking slot was easily found directly outside the cheerfully lit frontage. First impressions were of a comfortable table layout with plenty of space for privacy with a tastefully neutral colour scheme closely followed by a friendly welcome by the staff.

We discovered that purely by chance, we had arrived on 'Steak Night' which offered a limited selection of very reasonably priced items alongside the normal a la carte menu. We both opted for the sirloin steaks which proved to be extremely tasty but a tad over-done for our liking. The excellent chips almost made up for that but not quite enough to reinstate a 5 star rating! That was followed by a tempting selection of deserts and having foregone my natural choice of creme brulee, joined with my partner in having a tasty waffle with toffee sauce and ice cream.

In all, a very pleasant and reasonably priced meal, good service and provided in comfortable surroundings.

1  Thank Nigel D
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I visit Clacton on occasion to meet up with my brother, always a pleasure. To make the visit even more pleasurable we lunch at The Ocean. Why ?.Because although I cant be descrbed as a regular I am treated as one. Also the food, this has always been delicious and I particularly recommend fillet steak cooked on a stone. My mouth waters just thinking about it. I regret that I cannot get to Clacton more often,hence my request for the restaraunt to open in Eastbourne. Incidentally the food is not only good but is very reasonably priced.

2  Thank JRS715
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The restaurant is welcoming and well-appointed, with a simple and elegant decor. The staff are both friendly and attentive, the service always prompt but the crowning achievement is the excellent food – we particularly enjoyed the process of cooking our own steaks exactly to our liking on the hot “ stones ” provided and dunking each morsel in the variety of lovely sauces from which we could choose. A wholly satisfying, fun dining experience.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were trying to find a good restaurant in off peak season on the waterfront on our first visit here and...... I think we did a pretty good job at it. The prawns we ordered for starters were very fresh and juicy, not to mention the oven fresh bread it was served with. The fish was cooked to perfection and the mixed grill was to die for. Definitely coming back here!
Friendly staff.