“worthy of 5 star reviews”
Review of Chudleigh

Chudleigh
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Best quality linen , updated decor , fast wi-fi, excellent location near marks and spencer and the pier,chatty but unobtrusive owners.
I had an excellent nights sleep and couldnt fault the Chudleigh . Top Marks .

Room Tip: I was upgraded at no cost
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BrianRoss
There are newer reviews for Chudleigh

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I would recommend this to everyone.
War and friendly
Nothing too much trouble
Excellent room very very clean
Lots of added extras to make your stay great.The best breakfast I have ever had
The nicest people
Can't praise it enough

Room Tip: Stay here if you can
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My Girlfriend and i have stayed in most of the b & b in clacton.this one is by far the best one in town.the breakfast was very very good.The staff could not do enough for you.The room was very luxurious and nice touches in the room.eg hot choclate tea coffee.and a bar of green and blacks choclate.I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a pleasant little hotel!Cannot compliment this hotel more.From the moment we stepped into the grand but homely hall to the time we paid for our stay we had first class service.The landlady and her husband were more than accomodating upgrading us to a larger ground floor room upon arrival.The only tiny little niggle I didnt even bother reporting to the proprietors was the light in the bathroom over the mirror had not been replaced.But the whole room was fantastic overall and I couldnt highly commend this place any more.I am looking forward to going again soon for another getaway.

Room Tip: If you want a larger room with a ensuite choose room 12
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Once again, returned to The Chudleigh and wasn't disappointed. Great welcome from Peter on arrival. Lovely clean well equipped rooms. 5 girlfriends had 3 rooms and they were all to a very high standard. Breakfast was great. Was nice to be served your breakfast instead of having to get up to the buffet. Everything freshly cooked and of a high quality. Will return next year when we will be back to visit friends again. Thank you Peter and staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was my first time at The Chudleigh, what a great place it is, I stayed in room 8, what a beautiful room, very very clean, and spacious for a single room, nothing was to much trouble for Peter (the owner of The Chudleigh). The breakfast was great, a breakfast as it should be ( not swimming in grease) plenty of selection to choose from. I would recommend that you try this little gem.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

If only all b&b's were like this.
We stayed here in the freezing winter and it was such a lovely ,cosy place I have recommended it many times to people I know., Peter & Carol a delight.Breakfast like no other ,we all gained weight from Peters cooking.The rooms are spacious, clean and warm,all the en suites were very nice too,we were sorry to leave.when I say we I should say all 17 of my family members ,who all had the same opinion,simply The Best

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clacton-on-Sea
The Kingscliff Hotel
#11 of 17 in Clacton-on-Sea
Roslin Beach Hotel
Roslin Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay

Been to Chudleigh? Share your experiences!