“Comfy, clean and convenient - Chris R”
Review of The Beeches

The Beeches
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Only stayed for the 1 night but wish we could have stayed longer. Asked for a twin room which had a double & large single bed which were so comfortable & clean. We wanted somewhere near to the Westcliff Theatre & also the beach. 2-3 minutes from the theatre and another couple of minutes to the seafront - wonderful.
Met Liz & Barry who are lovely people. Nice breakfast room with plenty of choice of cereal and fruit juices with a lovely full english to follow. Nice quiet road (with parking on driveway or opposite). All in all a lovely break and somewhere I would love to go back to and not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We found our stay at The Beeches to be extremely comfortable. The accommodation was very clean and ideally situated for all the local amenities and close to the sea. Liz and Barry are extremely friendly and accommodating and our breakfast was very good. We definitely hope to visit again and would not hesitate to recommend The Beeches to others as a place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a double room at the back of the building which was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised when turning up at the Beeches .Barry was very friendly and an accommodating host thanks Barry ! Me and my 9 year old son travelled down from bradford to visit relatives and after an exhausting drive we were put into a room with one double bed and one single bed and an en suite shower.The room was very clean and a very welcoming sight after our long journey ! In the morning we were served a good old fashioned English brekkie which was lovely thanks .we star here two nights and can honestly what a lovely place it was ! Nice friendly hosts good food and clean comfy rooms what more could you ask for I know will defo stay again in the future thanks guys

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Craig R
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I needed to stop in or near Colchester on a Sunday night for a Monday morning meeting, and having called on the Saturday I was offered an ensuite double room at single occupancy rate. Definitely call up to book, the online pricing offered by booking.com and the rest is not competitive.

The room was ideal for what I needed, and Liz and Barry were very accommodating - I turned up while they were out, but they had made provision for me to get in to my room, and a quick phone call sorted everything. Barry even gave me some tips on local restaurants, which turned out to be right on the money.

My only real gripe would be that I needed to work online, and apparently guest wi-fi is offered but I couldn't find details of the access key. This wasn't a problem since the local Wetherspoon's had free wi-fi, and it certainly didn't spoil my stay. Breakfast was excellent, and my overall experience was very good. I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SeriousSamUK
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I would definitely visit again! The room was spacious and had everything you would need. Beds were very comfy and warm. The owners were lovely. The only thing I would say on a downside was that the wifi didn't work very well in our room but thats it. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nadiax04
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Have stayed at the Beeches a number of times when visiting family in the area; Liz and Barry have always been friendly, and the place is always immaculately turned out. Rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed, and wifi is also good (always a bonus!). Breakfast is always well cooked and portioned too. All in all, I can't find anything to pick holes in, you must stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very warm and sincere welcome from Barry when we arrived, he showed us to our rooms and gave us a spare heater for our room in case we needed it which was very kind.
I stayed at this hotel for one night, along with my family. All together we had between us 4 rooms. My sisters & myself had a room with a double bed, and a single bed. The room was very clean and homely, the beds where really comfortable, and the bedding was of good quality. Each had a spare blanket on our beds too. Plenty of hanging and drawer space in the room. The bathroom is small but all you need really for your stay, everything was clean, good working shower & clean towels. We also had a TV in our room, along with tea & coffee making facilities, if we needed more milk/coffee etc. we just had to ask and was given some straight away!
My other family members had double rooms, and all where very happy with them!
In the morning we had breakfast, which was really nice, we all opted for the full English, but there was also cereal, toast with preserves, or you could have just a bacon/sausage sandwich or something smaller if you wanted. Also plenty of fruit juice & tea and coffee which we where offered more of throughout our breakfast along with more toast as well.
I couldn't fault this B&B, everything was perfect, and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family