“Brilliant local facility”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Brilliant local facility”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Many thanks to the company that took this cinema over. They have made a real effort in refurbishing and providing a comfortable venue which is excellent value for money in terms of ticket prices and refreshments, i.e. tickets are £2.50 per person weekdays and £3.50 at weekends. Their live viewings of theatre productions, such as War Horse, are brilliant and great value. I do hope that the local community support this cinema.

1 Thank Aloysius65
MichaelGattrell, Operations Manager at Century Cinema, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind words of support towards our Cinema.

Your encouragement for the community to value and use it is welcoming.

We hope that we welcome you again soon.

Braintree, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very good value for money”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My Wife and myself have been several times to the Century since it reopened. Always we have been greeted by pleasant staff, drinks and sweets are not over expensive either. Last week I purchased 2 drinks( hot chocolate) and managed to drop one by walking into the door. I went to purchase another and because it was an accident it was replaced without charge or any fuss. This went a long way with me, as we go quite regular we are now going to try to go on a weekly basis to support this cinema as it is very good value for money. A special thanks to Zowie

1 Thank Grass-Skirt-Warrior
MichaelGattrell, Operations Manager at Century Cinema, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hello and thank you for your kind words, I am pleased to read your compliments on the staff too. We hope that we can continue to receive your support.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memories from my past”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I used to go to this cinema most week's in the 1960's as a child and get in for nothing, we'll I would as my father was the manager when it was the Essoldo. It was a lovely old building and had lots of character. I'm hoping to come back to Clacton soon for a bit of reminiscing and will go into the cinema.

1 Thank dylan010
MichaelGattrell, Operations Manager at Century Cinema, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your happy memories and hope that you can visit us soon.
Great Bentley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very happy will use again”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

just been to watch i frankenstein,for less than half the price of colchester cinema,staff had smiles.
great sounds and good picture from screen.
car park very close by so not to far to walk and not over the top parking pricing.
would highly recommend using this cinema over any in this part of essex.

1 Thank fatGreg89
Rochford, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Value for money”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from watching Harry Hill the Movie. It was actually quite busy in there to normal so at £3.50 a time I would imagine the cinema was not running at a loss. I don't know how they manage to make a profit at these prices but judging by the queues today many of us are glad it's up and running again. To travel there and back on public transport to Colchester is just not viable.

Visited January 2014