“best tasting food we've had since Thailand” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aroy Thai

Aroy Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are open only evening from 5.00 PM to 9.00 PM. But If you like to come by lunch time please give us a call to manage your lunch time booking.
brentwood
“best tasting food we've had since Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We took our friends for their first Thai meal here and we were the ones surprised.
A small restaurant with lovely staff and the best tasting food we've had since Thailand but , probably, as good as any we had in Thailand.
Ambience nice,portions size fair, service slick and very friendly.
When we come to Clacton, this place is a must go !

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lesjan

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“The Best Thai Food Ever!!! Feels like i'm in Thailand!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been recommended to come here by Andrei Branescu, a really good friend of the family. And I have to say that I have never experienced such Thai food in my life! The Tom Yum soup is amazing and I had to ask for another portion cause it really tickled my taste buds. The Thai red curry with the rice was very well cooked by the chef, who is a true artist in making heavenly Thai Food!

From the moment you walk in the welcome is beyond belief and you feel like a real queen!
I strongly recommend this restaurant!!!

London
“Pleasent but unspectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The service is warm and friendly, but the starters were very average, out of the freezer?? The mains were nicer, but if this is no.1 restaurant in Clacton-on-sea then tourists had better take their gas stoves

Visited July 2013
1 Thank lance f
London, UK
“Over from London - better than London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at the Lifehouse Spa for the weekend and ate here on Saturday. It was truly excellent. The Massaman Curry was the best I have ever eaten, no word of a lie! We eat in some lovely retaurants in London and have eaten in and across South East Asia and this restaurant was better than many we have eaten in!

Feels like the family's front room and the service is the same, and that's a good, good thing. It's cosy, attentive and very personal.

Eat there, you won't be dissapointed.

Harlow iin England
“Just a Visitor but....17-07-2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Firstly I tried hard to find out when it's open. So 7 days a week 5pm-9pm not very long so it gets really popular. The wife and I enjoy our food and thought we'd give it a go. We ordered N0.27 mussamum curry (chicken) described 'A typical Muslim curry with coconut milk, tamarind juice, onions, potatoes & peanuts' now this is not hot but tasty sweet sour quite thin not like indian curry. N0.31 Gai Pad Med Ma-Muang 'stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts, mushrooms. pineapple, peppers, onion & spring onion' this is chicken in a soft chewy batter sweet sauce and the bits mentioned. Lastly because we are not big people N0.79 Koo Kai 'stir-fried rice with egg, carrot & peas' this is slightly sticky rice that just marries all the ingredients together! We took it as a takeaway because we have a cocker spaniel and the staff a young thai girl brought it out to us when it was ready. Once 'home' and opened the wife and i looked at each other and were dissapointed but once served up and we tucked in we were amazed, excelent food!!
Hope I've given you some help?