“Wonderful Cafe.”

Greensward Cafe
Ranked #18 of 198 Restaurants in Clacton-on-Sea
Cuisines: British, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Situated on the promenade near the sandy beaches of Martello Bay, we offer freshly cooked meals to suit all tastes. You can enjoy an English Breakfast, Fish and Chips, a Gammon Steak or choose from various Baked Potatoes and Omelettes. Why not watch the world go by with a cup of coffee or an ice cream on the outside patio?
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Mark and his Staff are excellent. Ok you have to wait for it once you have given your order, but it is excellently laid out and very hot, so the wait is worth it. Keep up the good work Mark and Staff.

5  Thank 19valmill42

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Five of us visited & two of us had to sit apart as the tables seat four people maximum.
We ordered five set breakfasts & three of the orders were wrong.
The waiter was polite though & rectified the orders.
I like to eat my toast hot with my breakfast so it was cold when I finally got what I ordered.
There wasn't any condiments on the table & I wasn't asked if I wanted any.
I judge a café by the quality of the food as that's why I go. The sausages are cheap but the rest was ok.
I only went to Greensward cafe as the breakfasts had just finished next door at Toby Carvery, otherwise I would have definitely went there.

2  Thank fazer12779
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Ate breakfast here on bank holiday Monday . Lovely fresh cooked food When it came 35minutes later!
Coffee good but a little cold
Tables not cleaned and lots of trays left lying around
I know it was bank holiday but management should know that it would be busy and have staff organised

3  Thank Mabas
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I Used to work at greensward and can confirm that Marks Run this café so well and efficiently and ensure that the customers satisfactions are at the top of everyones lists. Its always clean and we try and do the meals as quickly as possible but still with taking our time on meals so everyone can enjoy them !!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Often have brunch here and the service is always prompt and with a smile. Very good value for money and the coffee is outstanding. You won't get it any where better in Clacton!!

3  Thank SoniaGuy