“worst chinese ever had”

Ume
Ranked #29 of 202 Restaurants in Clacton-on-Sea
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant only opened in December, we went there on New Years eve and were impressed.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I went in there a few weeks ago as a birthday celebration with family. Most of us did not know what we were eating. For the starter I ordered chicken and they gave me pork instead. The biggest disappointing was the main course. It looked like the chief had done a diarrhea on the noodles. I was so shocked that I had to take a picture; I have shown it to other people warning them to stay away. I would rather eat smart price cat food on a plate than what was served up at this Chinese.

1  Thank joshw970

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Regular visitors to Ume. The food is lovely with generous portions. Very good value for money too, especially the lunchtime set menu. Friendly staff that are very accommodating even when taking 6 month old baby in. Would recommend to any food lover!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Use is a Asian Restaurant with a menu that has food from China, Japan, Thailand etc.
The interior is clean and modern in style, and the staff are very friendly.
I had the Kung Po Chicken with Noodles which was some of the best Chinese food I have had in awhile.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Been here twice to eat and was lovely so decided to order a delivery as fort the food was great the first two times but can honestly say it was the worst food and quality I have had it is obvious to me that you are only bothered about catering for the people that come to your restraint which is not right I am really disappointed as there are not many nice places in Clacton and this is now added to my list all I can say is you should make the portions bigger to match the price and cater for everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!??

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Superb Food in a great environment. Good service and a reasonable prices. As a local I use this place frequently for both dine-in & take-a-way.