“A surprise”

Ume
Ranked #27 of 192 Restaurants in Clacton-on-Sea
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant only opened in December, we went there on New Years eve and were impressed.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was the 1st time that we had taken our kids to an asian restaurant and hoped the experience would be a good one. From the outside it looked like it had blackened windows and was difficult to see inside. Once inside it was obvious that money had been spent on the look and feel of the place.

All the staff and the owner (well we think he was the owner) made us all feel very welcome. We also found out that they did a kids menu, such as, oodle noodles, sweet and sour chicken nuggets etc. The kids were still apprehensive and they were curious about chopsticks. Immediately they brought out training chopsticks that the kids could use (adults take note, even the knife and fork brigade could use them).

We asked for the oodle noodles to come without beansprouts, which was no trouble and when i ordered the duck noodles, they recommended another dish, that had the duck plus other meats (chicken and pork).

I'm a bit wary about recommendations from resturants as i've had bad experiences in the past, but he convinced me to go for it. Boy was I glad i did. The food was fantastic and my wife ordered a box meal that was fantastic too.

I cant recommend this place enough. They made us feel very welcome.

With the place surrounded by fast food it was nice to find a jewel in amongst them.

1  Thank superjediman
There are newer reviews for Ume

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food was amazing, portion sizes very generous and staff extremely friendly and helpful. And it was great value as well, we felt like we wanted to go back the next night! Will most definitely return when visiting Clacton next! This should be a chain!

1  Thank Sabseens
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Simply the best Asian food I've had outside of Asia. The price was fantastic to, will definitely at here again if we return to Clacton

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We mostly choose Ume to eat in as our first option. If we dont have time to eat in we order takeout and take it back to work with us. The food is always delicious and excellent value for the way it is cooked and presented, the service is friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been several times and enjoy it more and more, fair prices. Service is always great and food served with a smile. I always order an extra packet of crackers to take home with me and last time he gave them on house! Going again this week!