“Good food”

Charnallies Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 201 Restaurants in Clacton-on-Sea
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: American-themed restaurant and bar.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Plenty of choice on the menu at this restaurant, and a great range on the children's menu too. We found the food good value for money and the staff were very friendly. The food arrived fairly quickly and hte restaurant was very popular. The food also tasted very good.

CharnalliesBar, Owner at Charnallies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

You are very kind to take the time to write a review, and I am extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent dining experience with us. As a family orientated restaurant it is important to us to know that you were happy with the choices available. I hope you will return to Charnallies very soon, and thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you are visiting Clacton on a Sunday and can delay breakfast until after 10:30am, and you have a big appetite, this is the place to eat at. Charnallies provides a comprehensive buffet breakfast, full English (great bacon and mushrooms), eggs and toast cooked to order, and pancakes with syrup as well. Adults, as much as you can eat for a fiver! (and a reduced price for children). Pleasant atmosphere and very good service, in the town centre.

2  Thank BobM763
CharnalliesBar, Owner at Charnallies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Great to hear your positive review of our Brunch Buffet! Having set it up over 3 years ago, it now attracts hoardes of regulars on a weekly basis who also love the informal service, freshly cooked breakfast items and the fact it is all you can eat for a fiver! I am very grateful for your feedback, and hope to see you at Charnallies again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me and a friend stayed in clacton overnight last year (only just got round to writing a review)
It was early Sunday evening and we were unsure about what would be open at that time and found Charnallies. It was very quiet in there but it looked lovely. We were seated straight away and had our drinks order taken, (lovely yummy cocktails) and these were bought over almost instantly. Our food was gorgeous, cooked just right and served in a generous portion.
The only negative i have was when my dinner was bought over i asked for a glass of water with ice.. I didnt get this until i had finished my dinner!!

But that 1 little thing wont put me off returning, i had a great meal in a beautiful restaurant :)

CharnalliesBar, Owner at Charnallies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Better late than never! Thank you so much for considering to write this postive review about your visit to us last year. I am pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience with us, but can only apologise for the delay in your receiving your glass of water! Even the little things matter, and you should not have had to wait. We pride ourselves on our delivery of service, so it is obvious that on this occasion we let ourselves down, thank you for bringing it to my attention! We hope that you choose to stay over in Clacton again soon, and that you choose Charnallies Restaurant when you visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Shared a tasty early Sunday evening meal at Charnallies.The men had "T" bone steaks cooked to perfection. I chose the stuffed chicken breast, it was nicely seasoned and beautifully moist, the cheese sauce that accompannied it, could have been more cheesey. All the deserts were delightful.A place definately worth visiting.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent dining experience with us, and am pleased that you enjoyed your meal. I have passed on your comments to my kitchen team, particularly that you felt the cheese sauce was not as cheesy as you would have hoped. Since our dishes are made to order it is essential that my staff are consistent in their preparation and delivery of dishes, so thank you for your feedback, as I want each and every one of our guests to receive the fantastic food and service we set out to deliver. Thanks again, and we hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We've been to Charnallies a few times now and have generally had nice food and good service.
I would recommend it for a lunch or dinner.

CharnalliesBar, Owner at Charnallies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments and taking time out to give such feedback! We hope to welcome you back to Charnallies very soon!