“The best Indian”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The staff are all friendly and welcoming throughout and always smiling ,the food is fantastic .you would not be disappointed . We tried the Sunday buffet and that was fantastic to and worth every penny and gives you a chance to try various dishes

2  Thank Welha

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I sent here on the 26th Saturday night was very busy but the staff was very good and happy.. The air conditioning is the best so nice and cool to eat as well don't feel too stuffy with all the people very nice place will be back soon..

1  Thank Georgina C
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had our first delivery from Saffron on Monday evening. I have tried a few places in Clacton and this was by far the best. I phoned my order through and they even threw in a free portion of Bombay potatoes along with a selection of 4 sauces. Delivery was quick (within the hour). Will definitely be visiting here for a sit down meal. Food was hot, well packaged and very tasty. Portion size was good, the usual expected left overs for the next mornings breakfast!

1  Thank Tracy D
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Have been here a few times for take away; it seems to have got progressively worse every time I've been and my latest visit was the worst yet. After ordering I sat down with two other people who had phoned in orders and come to collect. The first had waited two hours; the second had been told it would be 50 minutes and it eventually arrived after one and three quarter hours. Of course I don't know how many take-away delivery orders they were dealing with (though I only saw one go out while I was there), but the restaurant itself wasn't particularly busy so the long waits did not seem reasonable.

My order "only" took about an hour, but when it arrived there was an item missing, so I had another 10 minute wait while they dealt with that. To make up for it, they gave me 45p compensation!!!

In fairness I have to say the food itself was good and if you are going to eat in I expect the wait is not so bad, but I certainly wouldn't recommend using their take-away service.

2  Thank norbold
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Always welcomed with a friendly smile, a nice beer and great starters and main, really enjoy The good, It's a shame is sometimes a little noisy and cramped, lacks the cosy feel of a Taste of India, the food is on a par as well .