“An excellent meal..”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“An excellent meal..”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant is ideal for people who have never eaten Indian cuisine before. The choice of menu is excellent and the staff are very well informed about the dishes offered helping with strength and varying tastes.. I took two friends recently both of who where Indian newbies and the thoroughly enjoyed it as did I.. I would recommend unreservedly.

Visited July 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Saffron is a modern contemporary looking restaurant. If you weren't aware of it, it's hidden away in Gt. Clacton. We have now been numerous times when in the area.
The staff are always friendly and the food is very good always freshly prepared and very tasty with a wide variety of dishes including some I'd never had before.
The service on occasion can be a little slow but not to the detriment of your meal, the atmosphere is possibly the only slight let down, but I think that's more to do with how used you are to noise levels and the fact they do take-aways as well.
Drinks are well priced and the variety is good - the house red wine is surprisingly cheap and surprisingly good.
All in all one to recommend and try!

• Visited July 2013
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“indian restaurant”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great food, great service, very good choice on the menu and staff are happy to change dishes, my last visit we had the set menu, they had a spicy dish on the main menu that I had never had and asked if they would let me have this on the set menu, no problem. Best indian in town and one of the best places to eat locally. Would advise anyone visiting to try it out. The takeaway service is also great.

• Visited April 2013
Clacton/Essex
“Poor service to loyal customers”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Really really disappointed with our latest and last ever takeaway. Me and my husband get our weekly takeaway from this place, always pretty much have the same thing, they're always 10/15 mins late but we don't grumble as we usually enjoy the food (when they get the order right) but after our last experience it has simply put us off for ever. After arriving 45 mins late, we open our bag to find the main dish isn't what we ordered but something different!! My husband calls back to let them know its wrong. They asked what we were expecting and then they told us they don't do that dish!! Huh?? We've ordered it plenty of times before!! He then went off for ages to check with someone else and said they think they've changed the way they do it but they'll get another out to us...in half an hour!! The rest of my food would be no good by then, but no offer of the side dishes to be delivered again complimentary!! Then they said they'd take it off the next order...great so I have a naan and rice but no main. My husband told them not to bother we won't order again!! So I sat down anyway to eat my naan and rice to find that actually they were already STONE cold!! So fantastic... My dinner that I've waited nearly 2 hours for is unedible and half missing...and no offer of a refund!! Ill be taking my business to the blue sari in future!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank 80970
Clacton Essex
“Best curry in town”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

simply the best indian restaurant in the area, great friendly staff, good value, try a fish curry!
drinks reasonably priced also excellent for take away

• Visited June 2013