“Never again.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Valley Farm Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I came to Valley Farm on a £9.50 sun holiday package, my mother in law had bought it and invited me, my husband and our two children aged 2 and 6. Caravan holidays are not usually my first holiday choice, but have been to many in the past and have enjoyed some really good ones. Unfortunately Valley Farm is one I shall never be returning to.

Caravans - We had a bronze, due to the Sun Holiday package my mother in law paid for, the caravan was quite dated but served its purpose well, there was hot water, a good inventory, a modern fridge with small freezer and a flat screen TV. It was nice and clean apart from the breakfast bowls, which had to be re washed as they all seemed to be coated in a film of grease. The central heating did not work but the gas fire did. Parking was few and far between and the caravans so close together you can hear what goes on inside the nearby caravans. The two doors to exit the caravan also kept getting jammed shut and were very hard to open, a maintenance man came round and basically told us to keep shimmying the door until it budged!

Entertainment/Clubhouse - Lots of faulty gaming machines in a time warped environment. Not very lively, fun, entertainment was great for children and very family orientated, there was bingo and an occassional show - such as the neon puppets, but there was an 11pm curfew where people had to leave, I found that unusual. Bar was very expensive, the alcohol I wasn't too shocked at but I resented paying £1.80 for a small childs Fruit Shoot. Food in the very dated, tacky bar/restaurant was substandard, mediocre, tasted like microwave meals. All served by surly staff, one girl in particular who worked behind the bar was very standoffish and snappy. The toilets in the clubhouse smelt of stale urine, you had a very strong whiff of it whenever you walked past, the disabled/baby change toilet in particular was so filthy I decided to go back to the caravan to change my sons nappy. It had no lock and soiled toilet paper all over the floor. Very grim.

Location - Lots of local teenagers in groups come to the park at night, security seemed to turn a blind eye but it is a short drive from Clactons lovely beach and pier.

Swimming pool and mini golf - Indoor swimming pool is very small, but warm. Toddlers pool had lots of age inappropriate people in there, like another reviewer said, abundance of old ladies and pre teens splashing about and wrestling in 1ft of water. There was no need for it as it was upsetting toddlers and babies who genuinely needed to use the pool. Mini Golf, avoid at all costs, it's unkempt, the course looks boring, it's very old and falling apart, some of the obsticles were literally uprooted and laying on their sides. Go and play on the pier.

Experience - We experienced a family in the next caravan who were two families with about 8 teenage boys and two young boys, they occupied two caravans on the site during our stay, they were loud, boozy, sang football anthems round the campsite until the early hours. Lots of domestic violence, armed police, security came numerous times. Saw the caravan shaking whilst a woman screamed and lots of what sounded like her being beaten and children crying. Complaints were made, police even came to the site and arrests were made, I am shocked that the caravan park did not take steps to remove the family from the park - even when they decided to be a general nuisance to people on their holidays after the police incident!

We also requested a different caravan as we were initially given one right behind the pool house, you stepped outside and you would walk straight into the road, unsuitable for the very young children we have, so asked for another, that took about an hour to arrange and initially the lady behind the desk "Kirby" looked at me like I asked her for her liver.

Staff just don't seem to care here. I would NEVER come to this caravan park again. Not even if it was free.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ChloeDCN

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I took my family to valley farm park resorts this summer and was so impressed. It was my first family holiday with my son and he really enjoyed himself which is the main thing. The entertainments was fantastic for the kids then really good family entertainment later in the evening. I was worried about my caravan not being cleaned enough as I had a bad experience with another holiday company but it was absolutly perfect. I requested to be close as I had a young child but not too close and my caravan was situated perfectly. I took my little boy swimming in the indoor and outdoor pool and it was the first time he had ever been swimming and i was very happy the pool was clean and warm for him. My check in was at 4pm and i was aloud to use all the parks facilities until I checked in so had some food before we checked in. We was very impressed with the food and ate in the bar pretty much everyday. The only downside of my holiday was that I had to come home but I booked to go back next year whilst I was there with the special offer and got my son a sparky teddy that he loves. I would like to thank all the staff for a lovely holiday and look forward to seeing you next year x

2  Thank Pudsey88
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have been travelling to Valley farm with my family for many years now, we visit for the weekend in September to celebrate my Nan's Birthday.
My Nan used to go to the park with her sisters many years ago, and then this became a family tradition. As she has just celebrated her 100th Birthday, i am sure you can imagine we have been visiting the parks for many years.
When this was a privately owned Caravan Park it didn't have all the luxuries that the Park Resorts Group offer, Amusements, expensive bar etc. but we loved it.
On visiting this time, we went into the club to do our annual bingo visit and found we were in a LINKED in Bingo game. This had non of the personal appeal as in previous years and nobody in valley farm won a thing. In fact the game has changed so much that you felt you only got half a game. The girl explained the game through a very boring dialogue and we were non the wiser. Had to rely on other people to explain.
So I am sorry to say I was not impressed with the Valley Farm experience this year, and even the evening entertainment was no better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SMCook
Reviewed September 3, 2012

we stayed here in august this year myself, my daughter her partner and 2 grandchildren aged 9 and 4 asked for a caravan near all amenities as i have walking difficulties, the staff on reception were excellent and gave us a lovely 3 bedroom caravan right near the entertainment complex and pool.
the caravan was lovely and roomy will all crockery,cutlery,glasses,utensils pots and pans to serve all in our party
there was a TV (which we didn't use) in living room
shower and wc room
bedroom 1 large double with wardrobes
bedroom 2 bunks with wardrobe and space underneath
bedroom 3 2 singles (push together for a second double) with wardrobe space
the pool was nice with a baby pool as well there is an outdoor pool with lovely grassed area with tables chairs and sun loungers
there is a launderette on site token are purchased from reception
shop onsite for all food cigs toiletries, drink and novelty's (although a large Sainsburys and Morrison s near by)
chip shop on site not bad food but bit expensive
restaurant food good
entertainment complex was great for kids in early evening then visiting acts later on typical of holiday camps bingo played early evening as well

all in all i would recommend this site for families as we had a great time here only a short drive to clacton town and pier great for a day out if weather nice

1  Thank LondonSausages
Reviewed September 3, 2012

On site resturant the food was awful...chips were cold and under cooked and the prices for some of the menu was expensive. We only ate the one meal there !
The entertainment in the club house was pretty poor, although the children loved it.
The club house could do with some updating ie, the 1970s style carpet and the toilets that smelt and half were out of order.
Crazy golf needs complete refelting as half of it has worn or no felt on it at all.
Im quite shocked at this standard from a Parks Resorts.
The only good point about the park is the staff tried to get people to interact of an evening and its fairly close to the beach .

3  Thank julie f
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I'm not a big fan of caravans but we had decided to book a break to take our granddaughter away for a couple of days. We were pleasantly surprised at the standard of the caravan, especially as we had no choice but to go for a 'bronze' as we had a dog. The caravan was clean and nicely spaced apart from the others around.

The facilities available were very good - and our granddaughter loved the outdoor pool. We had great weather but for those who do not like the freshness of outdoorpools there is an indoor pool also available.

The evening entertainment was average - very good for the children but then we did not need to stay late into the evening for getting the youngster to bed. Food was good, the only suggestion I would make is that although they do a good breakfast menu the options are set and it was not possible to substitute items (eg our granddaughter is allergic to eggs but they would not substitute the egg on the mini breakfast).

The only flaw we had was that on the Saturday night a caravan two rows away decided to have an all-night party, which was extremely loud - it would have been nice if security had patrolled and requested that the noise was reduced to an acceptable level.

All in all a great place to take children as the local beaches were lovely and there were sections made available to families with dogs - something that is sadly lacking in Kent.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

When I first came down to Valley farm it was about 6 years ago, the facilities I thought where really good and reasonably priced i.e bar, restuarant. Now I have come back 2012 I'm highly disappointed in what I have found, the bar prices are highly over the priced, also me and my daughter tried the chip shop and found that for the amount they charge you didn't get alot and the chips were cold, however we didn't give up and tried the restuarant in which we were also dissapointed I ordered the steak which was rubbery and my daughter had a baked potato with salad where the salad was warmer than the actual potato. Overall the site is good but to save money it would be cheaper to eat and drink off site, there are a range of different cafes and restuarants along the sea front and in the town.

1  Thank 551jeff