“Fantastic”

and 1 more site!
Canvey Island, Essex, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My holiday consisted of 11 people, 1 aged 16, 1 aged 27 and the rest were 18 and we loved every second of it. There isn't much to do inside the park (other than swimming) but out of park there is plenty to do, you can even walk into the other parks and do things there! The entertainment team were amazing for both children and adults. I recommend this for anybody looking for a fairly cheap holiday either with friends or family.

2 Thank CraigPody
Park R, General Manager at Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks for the review.

We are glad you had a great stay at Martello Beach and that you found lots to do in the local area. We also agree there is lots to do in the close vicinity of the park with the beach on our door step and Clacton on Sea with all its bright lights a 30 minute walk away.

We hope to see you all again at Martello Beach

01255 820 372

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Basildon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This holiday was the best ever!! I went with 10 of my best friends and we all had an amazing time, the entertainment was amazing!! all the team stars were amazing Deano, Emma, Mikey and colton!! couldn't ask for a better team. They made me realise this is the job for me, when I asked about it Deano gave me a number to ring and apply,,, if you ask me Martello beach should keep the same teams stars for as long as possible. I would recommend this place to anyone that asked me where to stay in Clacton!!

2 Thank Ryan P
Wow. What an amazing review.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Martello Beach. Dean, Emma, Colton and Mikey have passed on their thanks and wish you luck with your application to become one of Park Resorts Teamstars.

We will keep the Entertainment Team as long as we can until they go in to winter hibernation!

Thanks from all the team at Martello Beach

Basildon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

OMG this was a smashing holidayyyy, we loved all the team stars Deano, Emma, Mikey and Colton!! seriously the entertainment was a laugh! kids would love it I no we did however we was a party of 11 mostly 18! best time got everybody joining in having a blast hope they keep the team stars there! if not im sure we will go where ever they go!!

Cannot wait to be back in October!

The Basildon Crew,
Holly!

2 Thank Holly B
Thanks for an amazing review.

The entertainment team thank you for your review and are so happy that you all had a great time. They remember how energetic you all were and not afraid to get involved.

We all look forward to seeing you at Martello Beach in October.

Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had 2 nights of hell at this resort. Facilities absolutely disgustingly filthy. Noises dirty will never return again. Toilets and showers so dirty didn't want to we them. Restaurant had more food on the floor than on the plates. CAsh machine charged £1.85 for you to get money ou. Brought rolls from the onside shop and t

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 113kim

Travelers are raving about these Clacton-on-Sea hotels

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We are just home from a week's stay at Martello Beach. After reading previous reviews I was concerned about state and location of this resort and had started thinking of a "plan b" should things be as bad as people had reported. How wrong could I have been!!!

We stayed in a gold caravan which was immaculate, the site itself was clean and quiet. We saw no trouble at all, only families enjoying their holiday. All staff on site were friendly and helpful. Dean and his team stars were brilliant - there are only 4 of them covering the Park and they all went out of their way to keep the kids and adults entertained throughout the day.

The pool wasn't as small as we had thought either however we didn't use it as weather was so good we were on beach every day! There was a lot of shingle on beach however if you walk a few hundred yards into Jaywick the beach is perfect. Jawick itself isn't as bad as people have said either - houses may be a bit run down but people were very friendly.

My family and I had a great holiday and have booked up to go back next year.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank sunnyinstirling
Thank you for a great review.

First of all I would like to say thank you for giving us a chance and not reading too much in to some of the negative reviews. We take pride in what Martello Beach looks like and what our customers think about us. The entertainment team do a great job here and work very hard, Dean and the team would like to thank you and the family for your kind comments.

The pool is relatively small so we run a booking system to make sure everyone gets a fair chance. This works by booking with the lifeguards first thing in the morning for an hour time slot you would like in that day.

The beach on our doorstep is gorgeous and one of the nicest hidden treasures in the county, we spend each day cleaning the beach of litter and try our hardest to encourage users to take litter home with them, so we are happy you found the beach a great place to spend your days relaxing.

We all look forward to seeing you and the family again.

Gloucester
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The cleanliness of all showers, toilets and kitchen facilities were vile. We did not see cleaning staff during our 4 day stay. Toilets were continuously blocked and would not flush, sinks were always overflowing and neither were cleaned as you could see the grime building up daily. As this is an area used for personal hygiene, used by countless numbers of people all day, it only makes sense to have a regular cleaning system. The showers were just as bad as there was always 'hairs'- lying around along with dirt. I left the showers feeling more dirty then when I went in. An unpleasant and entirely unnecessary situation. I was not alone in feeling like this! The showers were all exceptionally hot, so much so that younger children couldn't take the heat thus had to wash in the basin. Even adults struggled and had to hop in and out.

The atmosphere attempted to be family orientated with lots of families camping, however, the people choosing this holiday park were loud, obnoxious and aggressive! Not pleasant to be holidaying next to. The long-stay campers were very territorial and blocked their cars so new arrivals couldn't park near their site. They were agressive when warning off the new arrivals. Very imtimidating. I proceeded to tell a resort worker regarding this, who said she would send security. Security did nothing. What a waste of time having them.

Gypsy children living there permanently were being very threatening towards children visiting and there was a lot of hostility; preventing visiting holiday-makers to play whilst feeling safe. This is not a good advert for a family resort!!

Overall I wouldn't waste my time or money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Claire B
Thank you for the review.

First of all let me apologise that we at Martello Beach did not meet your expectations.

The camping facilities do get very busy during the summer months, we have tried to alleviate this by extending the washing up facilities which have proved to be a great success. During the summer holidays we have had a cleaner in the facilities from 5am through to midnight along with a touring warden. The toilets at Martello Beach are the type in which you scan your hand across to flush and cause some confusion at times, a sign has now been placed to explain this. Having had the temperature of the showers tested I can confirm they run at a temperature of 39 degrees which is the recommended temperature.

We do not discriminate at Martello Beach and encourage families to holiday here and follow the park rules, if any person holidaying at Martello Beach breaches the rules then they will be asked to leave. We have a 24 hour security team with a dedicated phone for anyone to call. We take the safety of our guests very seriously and will deal with any issues that are raised appropriately.

Once again I apologise that you didn’t find your stay at Martello Beach how expected.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Have just returned from this park I am still disgusted with what myself and my family faced. We walked into a travellers site with mess everywhere and dogs running around. Behind my tent were a group of travellers boasting how they hadn't paid a shilling yet and around us were a number of caravans whose tickets showed that they should have left the park 2 weeks ago. This clearly showed that nobody on the park could actually be bothered to check if they should have been on the park or not!!

My 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son were threatened by a group of traveller children and were told that they were going to be punched in the face, the following night a young boy opposite us was beating up outside the toilet blocks by traveller kids. I told security that night that they could do with patrolling the area and was told that "the cleaners and the park warden should be doing that". In my mind this shows that security are either scared to get involved or can't be bothered.

With the above, lifeguards leaving the pool unattended, being refused a jug of water in the bar and being told the reason why was because they make money from jugs of beer and make nothing out of water, no security checks being made at all, I would tell you all to stay well away from this park. This would not happen on a Haven site

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ESW123
Thank you for your review.

We do not discriminate at Martello Beach and all holiday makers must abide by the park rules, if these are breached then action will be taken. I am aware of a report that was made during your stay in regards to dogs not being put on leads. This was dealt with by our Touring Warden and any issues that arise are dealt with immediately. The General Manager spoke to you in regards to the issues and has taken your comments on board. Training has been done with the Security Team and the Touring Warden to make sure we are proactive with unruly children and other issues that may arise.

The General Manager has also dealt with the issues you experienced and has made sure that the above issues will not happen again.

Once again thanks for your review and apologise that we may have not met your expectations on this occasion.