We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
London
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Having attended Highfield Grange over the weekend for a charity event, I was amazed at how helpful the staff were and their team! They went above and beyond for everyone who attended. The complex was lovely and clean, modern and well presented and is definitely somewhere I would return to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Park R, General Manager at Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us, it means a lot to the team. Not really much to say about this post, other than the team loved every minute of it, and worked hard to ensure the fund raising went well. We could not be happier for the organisers, and the families affected. It was an honour for us to be able to help. Please come back and see us in 2014 again.

01255 424 244

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I paid for my holiday (I use the word loosely) using my tesco reward vouchers. It was by far the worst decision and holiday. The caravan was old and dilapidated, as we approached the caravan with our cases there was a gang of people drinking outside the adjacent caravan and they shouted something rude to us. They kept on partying and kept us up all night running round our caravan banging on it. I reported it the next morning and I asked to be moved site, this couldn't be accommodated but a change of caravan could. The lady who assisted me, seemed to be sympathetic and said she'd sort it. I got a call later that day to move caravans, we travelled to the other side of the park. The caravan and location was even worse (if that's possible) So I decided to stay where we were. The entertainment clubhouse, was uninviting, as was the pool area. I just felt on edge the whole time I was there. I would not recommend this site to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
It is so disappointing to read we let you down like this. Furthermore it is sad that some guests feel the need to be rude or upset other guests, who for the most part are all there for the same thing. We have made a considerable number of changes to the holiday homes, and invested a lot of time and effort into the way they are managed between lets, and invested heavily in training and equipment to ensure the standards of cleanliness are improved. I accept that there were a number of issues at times in 2013 and it just isn’t good enough.
We would love you to return to the park in 2014, and see for yourself the changes we have made. New roads, more parking, more street lighting, more pathways to caravans, doubled the pool cubicles, new managers, new teams, new equipment, new complex furniture, and most of all, a new attitude. Please feel free to call us on 01255 689800 with your details and we will see what we can do for you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have to say I am shocked to read the reviews on here, I was met by a smiling attentive member of the team (even though it was tipping it down) who gave me clear and precise directions to our fabulous accommodation, there were smiles all round when me the wife and the kids were shown round our caravan, we expected a lot less! I did have a problem getting the hot water working so called the office and the "general manager" of the park appeared like mr Ben. he had it fixed in seconds, wished us a happy holiday and left. no fuss! nothing seemed too much trouble for the team at highfield and really that is in my mind the most important thing on any park. We did try ownership on another park but unfortunately I wasn't able to move forward with the purchase, id love to give my family a place to get away to and when I do highfields will certainly tick al the boxes, I think some people who write on here should realise that a caravan holidy should be exactly that, where is your Dunkirk spirit. Ive already booked up for easter and got a very good deal, just wish I could buy one, thank you so much to all at highfiels grange, especially Rob

Room Tip: always worth mentioning you saw the referral on trip advisor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Brian T
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, it was really nice to read, and I’m not biased just because it mentions me. I am not sure who Mr Ben is, but I will take it as a compliment. It is normal for us muck in with the team on park, and certainly rather than keep a guest waiting for help, all the managers, including myself are expected to step in and get involved.
In fairness to some of the reviews, we do from time to time make mistakes, so whilst for the majority of people who come here have an amazing time, it is a sad truth that we don’t always get it right. What I would say though is it is never intentional, and we work really hard in trying to ensure everyone has the best time possible, just the same as if it was my holiday or break. It is very important to us, and we have as a result made quite a few big changes, all for the good of the guests. A lot of investment has gone into the holiday experience, and quality of the park / caravans, and a substantial amount of focus on reframing the team’s approach to service. It would be great to see you again in 2014 - come and look what we have done with the place!

Essex, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

No paths and as a result Ankle deep in mud so could not dress up nice to go out.
Entertainment was poor, fun stars tried their best with props they had
Swimming pool is dirty no decent showers or changing areas and you have to walk out the swimming pool into the main building to use the toilet.
Staff are rude and lazy
No security anyone can come and go as they please
Most the street lights were not working
Mobile homes dumped everywhere
The park was good but for older kids really
Would not go again .. The park is in serious need of a good sorting out, de cluttering and general clean up!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Disco88
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay.
We cannot apologise enough for the issues you experienced. I appreciate that it is too late to make it up to you, but we would like to invite you back to look at the changes. Specifically, the new paths you mentioned, the change in entertainment, the new extra cubicles, the new team, extra - more visible security, new and additional street lighting, extra car parking created by removing some of the holiday homes. Thank you so much for your feedback, I am really pleased that in your case we have amended all the issues you experienced.

Peterborough
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here during October half term and overall had a good time. On arrival there was a bit of shouting going on in reception - one woman shouting and swearing as loudly as she possibly could on her mobile phone (much to the annoyance of the poor reception staff who were trying to get her attention to be quiet!), then another woman in there complaning that her caravan had no tv remote - well in my opinion you don't come on holiday to watch tv all day and the tv is only about a metre away from the sofas!
The entertainment was good when they were doing childrens entertainment but we did find that the bingo seemed to over rule everything else - this is supposed to be a childrens holiday park so i would have thought the evening entertainment should be mainly geared for the kids - I'd be happy with no bingo so my children were happy and didn't have to sit in silence for an hour! If you want to have bingo then do it a bit later when the smaller children are in bed?!
On another note on this subject we did turn up on the Sunday daytime when Sparkys club was supposed to be doing a sports theme with the children and noone turned up! We just sat there waiting - it does say that the entertainment can be changed without notice but this really isn't fair on the children, or the parents as we could have planned something else.
Apart from the those 2 points the staff were friendly and the site was clean and tidy, and during the storm on the monday the staff were brilliant - running around evacuating people and clearing up, plus we got free bottles of water that were put on the bar for us!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CazPeterborough
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review.
I was really encouraged to read that you had a great time, and we have taken on board your comments about the bingo, this year there will be some activities for the kids as an alternative. It should be a given, so thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I have passed the comments on regarding the changes to the programme, and I must say it is very rare to change published activities, as we simply like guests to know what is going on so they can plan their break to suit them, not the other way around. Thankfully during the big storm, the team responded exactly how they have been trained to, and some, and it was a pleasure to see, what could have been a very dangerous and traumatic even, into a fun and enjoyable memory, for the right reasons. I couldn't have been prouder, and the team have received quite a number of emails and letters of thank you’s from those affected. It was a day to remember that was for sure!

Hatfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here mid October with my partner, a friend and her daughter. Although we had a few issues with late check in these were all resolved quickly and efficiently.
Caravan was a bit dated but for £90 for a long weekend no complaints!
The clubhouse was spacious and drinks varied and reasonable though the entertainment was z list at best.
The indoor pool was good fun and open at the right times :)
All in all a good value, fun, make the best of it weekend even if the weather was useless lol!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank L0ki33
Park R, General Manager at Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have had a number of issues with the accommodation department, and a number of changes have taken place. We are investing heavily into recruiting new people to strengthen the team and improve the standard of the fleet across the park, and as such, we are now seeing some big improvements coming through. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of the holiday, and we hope to see you back at the park in 2014!
Highfield Grange
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very disappointed with this site. This may have been the end of the season but the facilities and entertainment should be of the same standard in the last weeks as the first.
The accommodation was not available on time and whilst i understand that some disruption had been caused by a storm that day, they could not give us a time when it would be available or even offer us drinks while we waited.
The pool was small and cold. For 2 days a notice said it was cold due to unforeseen circumstances but I felt they couldn't be bothered heating it for the final days of season, when i asked the lifeguards how cold it was they said 'like getting into an ice bath'. There were only 4 changing rooms and the toilets were outside the pool near the bar and they were not cleaned in the 4 days we stayed and there was never any toilet paper!
The free wifi in communal areas was only available in the boathouse bar and restaurant.
There was no entertainment for my children aged 11-15, its all geared towards younger children.
The shop was only half stocked.
The Bingo is linked with all the other park resort parks so whilst the money is high no one at our park won that week.
We left a day early as both myself and my children were bored on the park and could not face another night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gojogo14
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It was disappointing to hear that your stay wasn’t up to your expectations. Indeed we have come to the end of the season, and we try where possible to ensure a broad range of goods are on sale, and we try our best to offer the same experience at the start, as we do at the end. I am sorry that the overall experience was not up to par, and apologise if we have let you down. The general feedback in October was very positive, but we do recognise that we still have a way to go to resolve the issues we have faced towards the back end of the year. Once again, thank you for the feedback.
Highfield Grange