“highfields park fun!!! expensive food!!!!”

Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed September 9, 2013

stayed here for a weekend with husband and children, great little park not a huge amount to do but kids loved it... was extremely angry with food, ordered pickie bits to see us through to dinner 2 chips 2 garlic bread 1 onion rings 2 wedges and it cost a small fortune only when we recieved our garlic bread i was disgusted if i was to pop acrossvthe road to tesco i could of brought 3 twin packs of garic bread for the same money as 3 small slices from highfields chips wedges n onion rings just the same, so would recommend shopping first... caravan on arrival not bad but must say a big thanks to jim (housekeeping) for running about for us our caravan was top notch overal we had a very nice stay....

There are newer reviews for Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently stayed on highfield grange I got to say I was a bit worried after reading the reviews but the park was excellent entertainment was ok as I stayed sat to sat you see a few of the same shows twice a few minor issues with cv security was happy to help with after hours food was ok prices a bit steep arcade was good staff was helpful issue with machine had to wait for arcade manager (bald) quite rude and arrogant seen reviews about passes ect can assure passes were being checked by polite security chap (glasses) my family enjoyed there stay and will be back

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Highfield Grange is a medium sized family holiday park. It's around 5 minutes drive from the traditional seaside town of Clacton on sea, complete with it's pier, beach, amusements and shops. There is a Tesco superstore and several fast food outlets located a few minutes walk away from the park. Our family spent the last week in August 2013 in a touring caravan at the park. I had spent holidays at the original park as child.
There are about 45 touring pitches and the normal shower / toilet facilities were adequate and cleaned three times a day. The showers are on the small side, so I tended to use the disabled shower as it was easier to manage with my children. There is a reasonable sized indoor and outdoor pool. These were well supervised, clean and safe. The outdoor pool has a flume type water slide which is very popular.
I have been to parks in the past where the entertainment team seem to have a box ticking approach to providing the required level of activities. At Highfield Grange the whole team were exceptional! The level of enthusiasm, energy and talent was breathtaking. There were plenty of well structured, fun activities throughout the day which were well attended. There is an amusement arcade and two bars in the main venue, one of which is also a restaurant serving normal bar meals. There are some of reasonable meal deals with a basic breakfast starting at £1.99. A pint of lager is about the same as you would pay in a pub.
During the evening there were really good quality shows by the "team stars" together with some top acts and bands, some of which are regulars at much larger venues such as Butlins. The environment throughout the park was generaly pleasant and well kept and everyone was extremly friendly. Without exception, the staff were very helpfull and approachable. To top it all, I mislaid my wallet in the main bar and this was handed in complete with all contents, fantastic! We can't wait to come back and have booked for next year. BenG.

1  Thank BenGdiskman
London
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for 7 days from the 24th to the 31st August, thankfully we was able to travel out of the park as if we wouldn't be able to it'd of been a lot worse, got into the caravan and was full of dog hair in the kids room, the pull out bed the bathroom they were everywhere, I don't think they should be mixing dogs and families as for all they knew we could be allergic to dogs.
Second problem came when it came to using the pull out bed half broke my back pulling it out and walls had dents in from where someone had to yank it out, then we saw the sheet and it was truly disgusting it hadn't been changed was filthy an that's what my child was suppose to sleep on So I made him loads of pillows on floor!! Next day I asked for a sheet in reception who said they'd make sure one got to me, it never turned up.
Thirdly came when it came to cooking the grill had food and lumps of grease all over plus frying pans hadn't been cleaned
When it came to using the launderette I used a wash which is 4.00 plus extra 50p for a super wash then 2.50 for the dryer my sons top which was worn once was ruined with a burned mouldy looking spots all over as to which I took to reception who didn't seem to give a flying damn half the clothes weren't washed and that was a super wash! She stated call the number on the machine and they'll send a engineer out because there not the parks problem I beg to differ if its in your park you should be held responsible by time a engineer would come out I'd be back home!!
The arcades weren't what I had expected the 2p machines seem pretty pointless your trying to win chubba Chubb Lollys it's just pointless putting two pound in when u can buy a bag for a pound! Half the machines didn't work yet still happily took the money! Severe staff shortages and man in arcades (not tall and chubby) was very rude upon asking if they knew when they'd have more 2p pots there. Not worth spending time there at all. The nighttime entertainment we spent every night standing as no seats despite getting there early!
We didn't eat there so can't comment!! Won't be visiting again to this park. Caravan 189 Gemma stokes.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at Highfield Grange for 7 days. This is the third time we've been to this park, and we love it.
The facilities are fantastic, staff are amazing, entertainment is top notch. We absolutely loved it.
We've already booked our holiday there for next summer!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Managed only 2.1/2 hours on this site!We booked a Bronze Caravan due to travelling with a dog. First impressions were really good - lovely landscaping at entrance. However, ventured into main complex and good impressions ended. Slot machine area was filthy! Club room was also filthy, you would not sit a child on that floor! We travelled with our 10 yr old twins and encountered our first real problem when we saw a group of teenagers out to cause trouble, breaking peoples property left outside their caravans. We were already worried about letting our kids play freely. However, as we visited the shop, my daughter told me the same 'gang' had just thrown a childs cycle into her legs. We arrived early and decided to have a look around the area at the other Park Resorts sites. Well, none looked any better! we were so disappointed after travelling over 250 miles. We even looked at the Haven Orchards site in St Osyth....travelling through what can only be described as a Shanty Town - Jaywick! We returned to Highfields and asked at reception to move to another part of the country...their reply was that ALL sites were fully booked!!! We agreed to check in and try our caravan.OMG!!! after sitting for just 2 minutes I had fleas jumping on my legs...straight back to reception to request a refund, which I received minus the credit card % charge on 23rd August. Will NOT be returning!.

Room Tip: choose another part of the country!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Been here every year for the past 7/8yrs always recommended to everyone but never again, accommodation was dirty on arrival three beds with so called clean bedding were all covered in stains, beading falling off bathroom door with sharp staples hanging off, fire extinguisher kept falling off the wall with sharp screws falling off, sofas were covered in terrible stains which they tried to cover up with throws, gas fire melted and nearly caught on fire but luckily we turned it off just in time, all kids clubs/ activities were badly organised or didn't happen at all, and pool activities such as Water walkers and aqua jets were so badly organised everyone was asking for refunds due to poor organisation and being supervised by young 18yr old lifeguards who were unable to work the equipment they were using let alone children using them terrible terrible TERRIBLE!!!!