“Loved the holiday”

Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I booked a last minute weeks holiday for my family just to get away. We were only able to get booked into a bronze rated caravan as the site was completely booked. We all were extremely pleased with the accomadations cleanliness and feel that it was more than adequate for the four of us. The entertainment staff are welcoming and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The swimming pool is ideal for both swimers and non swimmers,having the outside pool with flume was an added bonus. Having a large supermarket within walking distance of the camp is invaluable when you are on a self catering holiday. The beach and pier are easy to find driving and local buses can also be accessed just outside the camp. All in all this was an excellent holiday which my family and I look forward to repeating in the near future.

Room Tip: Very clean and presentable well worth the price.
1  Thank christine k

Reviewed August 27, 2011

I Went With My Son And His Friend Both Aged 10 My Nana And My 6month Old Baby, Also In The Second Caravan My Aunty Cousin And Her 4 Boys Ages 9 6 5 And 2.
Customer Service is Very Poor, The Reception Staff Very Rude And Unhelpful.. Over Priced The Only Nice Staff Was The Man Working In The Chip Shop.
The Laundrette Has 5 Washing Machines And Only 4 Dryers...
The Small Swimming Pool Has 4 Changing Rooms 2 Showers No Where To Change Your Baby Unless U Go Out The Swimming Area To The Toilets. No Male Toilets, They Have to Go Into the Club House. The Toilets Where Minging And Smelt Mouldy. The Outside Slide Was Not On Once.
The Silver Caravan We Stayed In Had Very Little Storage No Over Head Storage In The Bedroom We Booked In March We Asked If We Could Two Caravans Close Together Off A Main Road And Close To The Club House...Well They Didn’t Do Any Of That For Us, And When We Complained The Receptions Staff Where Rude Refused To Give There Surnames To Make A Proper Complaint And Didn’t Apologise Didn’t Call Back When They Said They Could And Just Said There’s Nothing They Can Do. Another Family We Spoke To Had To Downgrade There Caravan To Be Close To Their Other Family As They Had A Disabled Man With Them So Had To Be Close And She Also Said That The Reception Staff Where Rude And Offered No Discount Or Apology.
I Had To Drive To The Club Every Night As I Took My Nana Who Can Not Walk Very Far. The Entertainment Well Was Poor The Fun Stars I Think They Were Called Very Loud And Done Most Of The Entertainment. Hardly Any Day Time Entertainment For The Kids And What I Did See Of It Was Rubbish, Colouring Etc.. The Lady In The Arcades Very So Moody And Tried To Say My Son Was Lying.
It’s A Good Job We Took A Ball And Cricket Set Or The Boys Would Have Been Bored All There Is Really For Them To Do It Swim Or Play In Arcades Most Game A Pound Ago.
All In All the Worst Caravan Park I Have Been Too and I have been to Lots. The Only Good Part Was The Free Bbq And Bouncy Castle On The Sat And Sun.

1  Thank kazza1010
Reviewed August 23, 2011

There is no doubt that when you stay here you are expected to leak money on everything. The accommodation was a good standard (silver+), but that's not where we wanted to spend our holiday. The site shop is over priced so I reccommend visiting the Tescos which is a short walk from the park, also the site restaurant is a bit poor but luckily there is a Pizza hut near Tescos. There is a site chip shop but again a bit costly and you are reminded of all the novelty things you can buy throughout the night by the entertainment team which is bad enough without having a small child tugging on your leg begging to have everything because so-and-so said they should.
Clacton beach and town centre are a short drive away and are very good days out, the pier has a good mix of arcades, fairground rides and a mixture of food is available. Also there is the factory shopping village for high street bargains, mostly clothes shops and a few market stalls which sell fresh foods and gifts.

1  Thank tiggs80
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Myself, my mother and I stayed here for a week last week. We had a gold plus 3 caravan! Joke! The carpets and upholstery were absolutely filthy and although the lovely lady from housekeeping ensured us they would be steam cleaned it took me pushing it for 4 days for it to be done. The caravan was virtually on top of the entertainment centre and by 2am we had gD enough of people walking next to the caravan and guarding our two new cars from our caravan through risk of kids damaging them. The entertainment was interesting! My younger 2 loved the sparkle and sparkly rabbits but who starts their evening kids shows at8pm! Crazy! The bar was ludicrously priced and we actually spent more here than a week in Lanzarote in may! Never again

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Swampdonkey0
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed on the camping touring site and the electric box was falling over with no water point and i reported this at the being of the holiday and we stayed a week but still nothing has been done.The toilet bloke was a health hazed filthy dirty no toilet paper and complained everyday about the state of them showers would over flow and chemical toilet point was disgusting the building needs pulling down.The people there where awful and was always worried we where going to be broken into.The pool was good and so where the lifeguards except the slide was not open much and the pool needed cleaning.I would never take my family back to highfield grange as all very rough and yobs run riot.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank audasious
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We normally stay at Martello Beach, but thought we would try somewhere different.

We were very disappointed. The pub/bar was impersonal, teamstar made no attempt to include holiday makers children.
Swimming pool was dirty and lifeguards unhelpful. Flume never open the whole time we stayed. The lady in charge was moody and rude when we spoke to her.
Reception was never open on time, and lady knew nothing and kept saying she was new, but was on her own!

Ladies in shop were lovely, especially 1 with brown hair. Thank you. Perhaps highfields should get these ladies to work in reception, they were great and more than happy to give directions to places. even tho not their job.
Security man helpful at night, but that was it.

Touring field was right next to a main road that cars race up and down all night, Touring toilets not very clean and a bit old fashioned. glad we only booked in for 2 nights. Only good thing was hard standing pitch, wish they had these at martello. We could not wait to go home.

Never again. We will stick to martello

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 705grant
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed July 2011 in a Gold caravan. The caravan itself was very pleasing, clean and good facilities. Probably one of the best we have stayed in, to be honest at £300 for 3 nights I would have high expectations anyway. No grumbles about the park itself all the staff we met were very friendly and helpful. The problem however came during the evening and through the night. Our caravan was located close to the central amenities so we expected a little more noise than if we were further away from it all. We were kept awake till 4am by drunken groups of people hanging around outside our caravan. Cars playing music till early morning, people shouting, singing and urinating up the side of the caravan. I called security twice at 2am and 2.30 am who said 'it's usually the owners children'.... So this must happen often!!!! There is no real attempt to deter thus kind of behaviour, no visible security presence and nobody seemed unduly concerned about it. I have two children under 5 and I could not let them play outside the caravan till gone 9am the next morning when the cleaner had finished picking up all the beer bottles and rubbish left behind. Disgusting security... If you want an 18-30 style holiday then I would recommend this holiday!

• Stayed: July 2011