“Can't Fault It.”
Review of The Ocean Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clacton-on-Sea
The Ocean Hotel
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
Reviewed March 25, 2014

we stayed 2 nights in this hotel, the rooms were good, clean, tidy and decorated well. Daniel and his staff were extremely welcoming.Great location for what we needed. close to town, minutes from the sea front, and a short walk to our destination for the weekend. Breakfast was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. would recommend The Ocean to anyone wishing to visit Clacton on sea.
The hotel bar is loud, and the clubs and bars surrounding The Ocean, but this did not bother us as we were in town for a music weekend.
Thank you Daniel and all the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Only through lack of choice and the fact that it was convenient for our location we chose to stay at the Ocean Hotel. Honestly, the rooms were pretty grim. The toilet was so incredibly noisy, and the room was very very basic. We could barley see out of the window, it was that caked in muck. I understand it's a seaside town and seagulls can make a mess, but this muck on the windows was a build up over time.

The two rating is for the staff, who were very good. Their service on the whole was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My partner and I stayed over at The Ocean for one night following a recommendation.
We had a comfortable night preceded by a super meal in the restaurant.
The good experience continued in the morning We enjoyed a leisurely, well cooked breakfast and were then on our way.
There was a little noise heard during the night but the Hotel is in the sea front so this is, probably, to be expected
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will definitely recommend the Hotel
Thank you Daniel and your helpful staff

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Ocean Hotel now for the last 2-3 Years,usually about two-three times a Year lasting between 4 and 10 nights and in that time I have got to say that the Ocean is the best Hotel that I have stayed in Clacton.
Everytime I go I'am welcomed with a warm welcome by all Members of Staff,Daniel,Tony,Vicki and the rest of the Members of Staff,All Members of Staff are friendly and helpful and I must say that as I have trouble taking my case up the stairs it is not no trouble at all for any Member of staff to take it up for me and also to bring it down when I leave.
The food is 100% I have not one problem with anything I have had and does not matter if you have full English Breakfast or just toast or what the food is nicely set out and cooked by Daniel or Harry the Chefs,the tables are nicely set out and welcoming and clean.
I find all the Hotel clean and tidy and the cleaning Staff are also helpful and do a wonderful job,the rooms are clean and tidy and good and comfort and always have a good nights sleep.
All Members of staff are helpful and always have time to chat and have a laugh and joke with you and I find that one of my top points,nothing is no trouble to them and do anything for you,I have no problem at all in saying that I will be staying there again and for many Years to come,I rate the Service 100%,the food 100% and on top(which I find Very important) staff have time to help and and you are not made to feel rushed and that to me is 100%.
I would Highly Recommend anybody to stay at this Hotel,the pricing of the rooms are good and is right on the Sea Front and all double rooms are good and wi fi,the Bar is welcoming too,room 2 is a very nice big double room with full Sea front Views and is right by the Pier and Central to the Town and Seafront.
I would have to say that Daniel and all Members of Staff will welcome you with a friendly and helpful welcome and there are a few parking spaces to the side of the Hotel(side Road)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brown1964
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over the summer, it was our second stay at the hotel and we will no doubt be back again next year. Very friendly staff throughout the hotel including the girls on the bar and Tony who checked us in and showed us to our room . Great full English breakfast served to us by Daniel, the chef and manager. Really enjoyed the live music on the Friday night we stayed there and the lively bar on Saturday nights.

Room Tip: Room 17 is nice and spacious at the side of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The room was dirty and shower was filthy and my plate that my food came on was dirty. Customer service at this hotel is awful, The bar manager who clearly has short man syndrome was a right mug. I would never stay here again, the Langtry is much better customer service than this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed September 18, 2013

As a single female who has to travel every week from the Midlands to work in Clacton I wouldn't stay anywhere else. All the staff are helpful and friendly and make my stay welcoming no matter what time I turn up which is great when you are staying in a hotel on your own. The food is marvellous - the chips are the best anywhere as they are homemade ! I never know what to choose in an evening as it is all beautifully presented and tastes so lovely. There is loads of choice at breakfast with cereals and full English on the menu or they will cook to order if you want a sandwich. The rooms are always clean with fresh towels every day and beds are comfy - I've stayed in a few different rooms over the 18 months I've been travelling down here most weeks. Rooms 2,7 and 8 have sea views and are very nice rooms - and the hotel is opposite the pier and very central. Highly recommend

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business