“Homely and cosy”
Review of Cabana Guest House

Cabana Guest House
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Clacton-on-Sea
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed two nights at this B&B. Nice, clean and comfortable room. Private bathroom across the landing, but this caused me no problems. Good breakfast in the morning that Mark, the proprietor, was happy to provide early for me. The food was freshly cooked and tasted very good. This venue was also very reasonably priced and nice and warm. I am happy to recommend and I would certainly rebook if I work in Clacton again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bill1357
thestewarts49, Owner at Cabana Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Lovely people pleasure to meet you and hope to you very soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for a night in order to attend a family function. We were made to feel very welcome, it was like visiting old friends! The room and facilities were just what you need for a comfortable stay and the breakfast was very enjoyable. It is ideally located to enjoy the area.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you guys comments like these make it all our hard work worth while.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Whilst visiting family in Clacton, we stayed at the Cabana for 4 nights. Couldn't find any fault with this lovely guest house .Rooms are spotless . Hot showers.Clean towels every day. The breakfasts are really good . The owners are very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to visiting again very soon, infact, have booked 5 nights in December.

Room Tip: We stayed in room7.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words, glad all was well with your stay. Look forward to your next visit

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good friendly B&B with excellent breakfast and hosts. Only down side which has no reflection on the Cabana or its owners but I feel I must mention it as a warning for other car drivers. Do not park near the Bowling Green car park exit as we have now got a nice £350 bill for the repairs to our car where someone had swung out of the car park, hit our car and then driven off!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
thestewarts49, Owner at Cabana Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Janet I have no words to express my horror at what happened. I wish you had said something as I can assure I would have called the police. I have been in touch with them direct but unless you lodge a complaint yourself, I as a third party can do nothing. Please contact me if you wish to take matters further. In 10 years we have never had this happen and it is particularly galling when you consider the calibre of people that are members there. I will make contact with the bowling club myself to express my disgust. Please contact me when you next pop into Clacton, you can have a free night on us.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would recommend "Cabana" for those people, who are looking for a short and cheap stay in Clacton-on-Sea with a good location. It's a very small guest house, the owners are very friendly, who give the feeling more like a home from home than a guest house :) We have spend there one night at the beginning of August, the room was very clean and bright, the only one minus was that it was really cold at night, because the wind was very strong that night and it was blowing straight into our room, we have double checked if we haven't left the window open.
Every room there has a private bathroom, but bathrooms are not in the room, you have to cross the corridor. Personally, it was the only one thing that I didn't like, but otherwise it's not the end of the world just for 1-2 night stay and knowing that you pay just 50 GBP for a night.
Lovely place, only few minutes away from the beach, friendly and nice owners, what could be better!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
thestewarts49, Owner at Cabana Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Sorry about the "breeze" we don't feel it down here and hope it didn't spoil your stay too much. We have had unusual weather here lately. Very hot during the day and sometimes a cold wind off the sea at night. Thanks for the comments and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We had 3 rooms as we were attending a family wedding. Our rooms were all cleaned and ready for us when we arrived early. We found the rooms very clean. The breakfast was very nice too. Catherine was very friendly and made us feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2013

Tracy glad we made your stay comfortable. Hope we see you all again very soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our stay at the Cabana was great, I could not fault the cleanliness of the whole place and nothing was to much trouble for the hosts, who put in over 100% to make it feel more like a home from home than a guest house.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thanks Mandy for such kind remarks. As we always said it makes our job more pleasurable when we receive guests such as you guys.