“Should be no.1 in Essex”
Review of The Dog & Gun - CLOSED

The Dog & Gun
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The perfect place to unwind with a glass of something chilled and enjoy delicious, freshly cooked food with family and friends. Our food is cooked entirely from scratch using fresh, seasonal produce. We have selected a range of fine wines, beers and spirits to accompany our menu. When the weather is good, guests can dine on the terrace which is covered with huge umbrellas and super-efficient heaters...Ideal for those long lazy al fresco lunches! PS...Whilst bookings are not mandatory they are strongly recommended. Email reservations are not a definite booking unless we send you confirmation but we will try our very best to accommodate you.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Should be no.1 in Essex”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had a family meal at the D & G last Wednesday evening and loved it. Staff are good, food is great, decor is fab, family friendly and atmosphere is always nice. Had pork belly for my main which was superb and banana waffle with peanut butter ice cream for dessert - yum, yum!!! Have been about four or five times in total - first visit back in Feb/March after reading reviews on Trip Advisor - can't believe is only no.27 in Essex..come on people!! Each visit has been really enjoyable - food very consistent....Well Done Dog & Gun can't wait til my next visit ;-)

London, United Kingdom
“food not so good”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Nine of us came to your restaurant last night for my daughters birthday,very nice decor. but your food is not so good and this is what we went for. my daughter had to send back to the kitchen the bread because it was MOLDY it had green bits growing, the waitress said she would the the kitchen and the manager . she came back with more bread and said the manager would take it off the bill, I think under the circumstances he should have made him self available to apologize to her. my wife's meal was not nice she had belly of pork skin was soft not crackling and mash and veg were horrid yet someone else had the same and skin was crackling. I had the burger the bun was full of oil or grease and the whole thing was oily chips onion rings bun and salad leaves.I can't even be bothered the type any more not a good evening out and was expensive for what it was. I would not recommend the dog and gun to anyone.

2 Thank tripman01
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“great meal in a lovely setting”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

First time we have eaten at the dog and gun for a while but it was worth the wait .good food and service in a lovely quiet country setting .hope to return very soon .

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Perfect Resturant and Staff so Lovely”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Brilliant place, staff are SO lovely and food is REALLY good. Everytime i go i have to have a three course meal!
They have a large outside area where you can sit after and have a drink. Its also in a nice quiet location far away from the busy town.
I would definately recommened this Resturant :0)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jodie W
“Lovely waitresses and Mediterranean alfresco atmosphere”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Wonderfull for a sunny lunchtime out with the family! Waitresses were so kind and was no problem for them to get me an extra Yorkshire pud with my lamb roast dinner! Was amazing. Beautiful outdoor patio and heated parasols for those chillier days. Over all a great lunch out :) (if you don't mind a few wasps)

1 Thank Toniola