My husband and I stayred for 2 nights whilst visiting family in the area. The receptionist (Debs) was extremely helpful and welcoming on arrival as was our breakfast waitress (Annabel), thank you both for making us feel so welcome.
Our room was on the 2nd floor, very clean, lots of room and the bed was very comfortable. Unlike others who have commented we do not expect top of the range toiletties at a Premier Inn, we always travel with our own, (they do however provide soap and shower gel).
When we booked on line it mentioned that the hotel is close to a main road and services so we knew what to expect, it is in a good location and meant we could easily get into the centre of town.
Our only disappointment was that our room overlooked the main entrance and late in the evening several people used the area to smoke, most had been out for the night so there was quite a lot of loud banter and laughter which kept us awake. We are not anti smoking but maybe the hotel should give some consideration to directing people to an area that is not outside people's bedrooms. This is the only reason we are not marking our visit as excellent. If we stay again we would ask to be placed in a room overlooking the rear of the hotel.
Our stay was resonably priced, the staff were excellent and the breakfasts excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If a loved one is getting married at a venue nearby, or you'd just love to explore this corner of the South East, Premier Inn Hotel Chelmsford Springfield is the ideal spot. There are plenty of stunning wedding venues like Boreham House and Leez Priory nearby, and we're very well connected with good transport links too. Have an engagement with first class cricket at Essex County Cricket Ground. Or ring the changes with a fantastic weekend at the nearby V Festival. Say 'I do' to some great shopping and eating out, then come back to the hotel for a meal in our restaurant, with a lovely marriage of traditional and contemporary food, and finally a night in a comfy bed. Directions: Located on A12 J19, Chelmsford Bypass, signposted Chelmsford Service Area. Transport and local information: City Centre Shopping Essex County Cricket Ground Hylands House Historic Site & Events Chelmsford Train Station 3 miles Stansted Airport 15 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Chelmsford (Springfield) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Chelmsford (Springfield) Hotel Chelmsford
- Premier Inn Chelmsford (Springfield) Hotel Essex