“Great Hotel”

Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Chelmsford
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked for 3 nights as it was my daughters wedding and my parents 50th Wedding anniversary the following day. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel was very clean and the food was excellent. We had an executive room, the bed was large and comfortable and the room had space to relax. The radiator was thermostatically controlled so we could turn it down if we were too hot - also the fan in the bathroom turns off when you turn the light off so no annoying noise in the night. The hotel has a very comfortable residents lounge and a very relaxed atmosphere throughout. If ever we need a hotel in the area again we will return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us, congratulations to your daughter and your parents!
I am pleased you enjoyed your time and were well looked after.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area, by which time the lounge you mentioned will have a new look as we started to refurbish it on Monday.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a lovely hotel which has good quality bedrooms. The staff were very friendly on arrival. The food in the hotel was average and a bit over priced for what you got, I am referring to the evening meal. The room was very clean and modern. The bed was comfy and the shower was nice and hot. Overall a good quality hotel with close access to the A12.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to know that guests have enjoyed their time with us and I have passed your comments on to the team.
Without knowing which items you ate or from which menu it is hard for me to respond to your comment about the price of the food but I will make sure it is noted for when these things are reviewed.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here through work for one night, wish it could have been longer!
On entering reception, and throughout the common areas, everything was welcoming, beautifully presented, and cared for, with a friendly atmosphere.
Lovely room, very clean and tastefully decorated, with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! Room also had the added bonus of fully opening windows, a small thing but an issue I wish other hotels would consider, I don't wasn't to be imprisoned in a hot stuffy room, with no fresh air, but this was lovely! Bathroom was modern and clean, with a proper bath, and shower over.
Ate in bar in the evening, and although food was ok, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be, given the rest of the hotel. This could have just been a wrong choice from the menu, and my
colleague was certainly happy with her meal, but mine didn't quite match the description given!
Breakfast though was good, with a good selection, and prompt and friendly service.
Would love to stay here again, even have a smokers paradise, for those lepers like me who hate hanging around outside, feeling conspicuous , a graceful covered gazebo within the lovely grounds, with a heater! Top marks!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill.
I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and that the little things we do to make guests feel as comfortable as possible were much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area, be it for business or pleasure.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Really nice hotel, clean, well decorated, nice staff. But the hot water tank near room 7 was constantly filling or releasing during the night. it was quite noisy - staff were friendly and helpful when i mentioned it the next morning.

Room Tip: not 7 or 16
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Best Western Ivy Hill.
Following your stay I was contacted by the hotel and advised of your comments about the noise in room 7 and we have contacted our heating engineers and they are looking in to the problem.
I am sorry that this affected your stay but that you did enjoy the other aspects of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I frequently travel for work and enjoy using Best Western hotels because you get the assured quality of a chain but the individuality of a privately run hotel. This Best Western is no exception. The room was well appointed, clean and noise free. I ate in the bar and the food was of an exceptionally high standard. And free internet access helps make a lonely business trip a little easier to bear!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel.
We strive where possible to exceed the standards set by Best Western and the expectations of the customer and it is always a pleasure to hear that we are achieving this.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not often I rate hotels fantastic but it is! Rooms very clean, spacious, well equipped, bathroom lovely one of the cleanest baths ever! Food in bar fantastic go for the traditional fish and chips I got a whale on my plate, use local tiptree ketchup which made a difference! Very helpful very warm and great value! Thank you :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HLGroup, Owner at Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for review following your recent stay with us and I'm pleased to read that you considered it to be fantastic.
We strive to ensure that guests enjoy all aspects of their stay and the little details, like the Tiptree ketchup all go some way towards this.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed for one night recently in the Ivy Hill Hotel, the staff were very attentive, pleasant and friednly, the room itself was a little chilly to begin with, but with a tweak on the radiator was soon toasty enough to be relaxing in. The room was clean and comfortable and perfect for an over night businss stay. The wifi was also great, with good signal even in one of the far away bedrooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review following your recent stay, I'm pleased to hear you liked the room and were well looked after by the team.
We have had the free wifi throughout the year for some years now and do our best to ensure that the signal is strong enough in all areas.

we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelmsford
Pontlands Park
#3 of 4 in Brentwood
Travelodge Chelmsford Hotel
Travelodge Chelmsford Hotel
#10 of 11 in Chelmsford

Been to Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!