“‘What do you expect? Minimum wage, minimum effort’”

Mcdonald's Restaurants
Ranked #33 of 48 Quick Bites in Chelmsford
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited here last night with my family and went through the drive through. We ordered 4 Big Mac meals, luckily we noticed before we left that 2 of them were missing. After going back to the window, we spoke to someone who seemed like a supervisor. We told them we had two missing and in response was told ‘What do you expect? Minimum wage, minimum effort’. None of us really knew what to say, just sat there awkwardly until another member of staff ran over with the extra bag and apologised. I thought this was a strange comment which suggested that he and the others simply didn’t care. What annoyed me more about the comment was that it’s not even ‘minimum’ effort they’re putting in because they didn't do the minimum that is required of their job, they missed off half of our order. I’m just glad we checked our order before leaving but after this experience, we will be going somewhere else next time for a takeaway. Maybe you need to speak to your staff about having some pride in their work.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

What is it with you guys,, can’t be bothered, no salt, cold fries no napkins, no wonder it is deserted, Jamie you need to spend more time concentrating on your customer care than your unfinished tats. Rubbish experience and a shame to have wasted £22

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

This mc Donald staff need retraining on what is FOOD HYGIENE and CROSS CONTAMINATION I just noticed one of the staff members (judiot) pour some fries a customer had returned and complained about them being cold back in to the tray (where they put the fresh fries)..this shows this person has not had the correct training to understand food hygiene...tried to speak to the manager and he tried to bush it under the carpet like it’s nothing.. I wonder what else they are doing that we can’t see

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

went shopping and on way home got take away for partner and son for there lunch they enjoyed it washed down with a coke and strawberry milkshake

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 4, 2019

I met a friend with my children so waited to order until she arrived. I have 2 children, one is a very slow eater, and afterwards they wanted to play on the tablet computer games while we chatted. I had no idea there was any limitation on parking as by the time you have parked and controlled your children across a very busy car park and the drive through queue I didn't have time to look for or notice any signs in the car park.Signs in the reateuaant apparently are in the toilet but didn't use the loo so didn't see them either. Ten day later I get a fine for £50 for staying too long. I have contacted the manager and there is nothing she can do about it.

Date of visit: April 2019