“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 59 New Street - CLOSED

59 New Street
Cuisines: European, British, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went here for lunch with two friends, not knowing what to expect. We were more than satisfied.This is the best restaurant in Chelmsford. Mind, it doesn't have a lot of competition! The food, the service, the ambiance were all spot on. I really hope that they can keep up the very high quality as Chelmsford really does need some decent restaurants.

• Visited November 2013

Redhill, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food, friendly service and a welcoming atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I visited 59 New Street on Saturday night and from the minute we walked through the door we were made welcome. The staff were friendly and attentive, and made us feel really special. The wine and beer was reasonably priced and we did try a cocktail or two later on! But the highlight of the evening was definitely the food! We had the pork belly and lamb for starters and the duck, steak & turbot for mains. My husband said it was the best steak he's ever eaten, perfectly cooked, lean & succulent. The duck and fish were just heavenly, such amazing flavours. The only way it could have been improved was if they had a cheese board available, as I don't eat other deserts, I understand it was on the menu but the menu was changed recently (not that I was still hungry!). the DJ was in house later and the atmosphere was upbeat and fun. All in all a perfect evening. I would highly recommend to all you good food lovers out there, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
“Great Anniversary ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic lunch, food was wonderful and service was first rate.

My fiancée and I celebrated our 8th anniversary as we used to drink in the hot house!

We love the new decor and bar, really love the new look. Service fabulous and food excellent !!

We liked it so much we Re booked!

Highly recommend a must visit! Up there with olio if not better. #topchelmsfordrestuarant

“A must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The only way to describe the restaurant is epic.

Although pricey it's 100% worth every single penny!

Cocktails are yum.

Service was delightful, our waitress Lisa did everything possible to make our evening.

Food is perfection.

You must visit this place. Although I believe the next coming weekends are fully booked as we tried to book again!

Best place for miles around!

• Visited October 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I took my father here for his birthday as it had been recommended to me by a friend and can honestly say I had the best meal in a long time. My father and I had the steak, mine medium rare and his well done and both were cooked to perfection. My wife had the salmon which was equally as good and my Fathers partner had the Ox cheek. We shared a decent bottle of white (not over priced like a lot of places) and all had a fantastic time.

For dessert we all had something different, creme brulle, eton mess, sticky toffee pudding and the chocolate brownie and after all trying each others could not decide which was best as they were all very good.

I would recommend 59 New Street to anyone looking for an excellent meal and a good night.

• Visited October 2013