“Very Luky”
Review of The Chip Shop in Springfield - CLOSED

The Chip Shop in Springfield
Cuisines: British, Fast Food
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Friendly staff and great food. Probably the best fish and chips for miles around, I'm just lucky I can walk there in 2 minutes.
Recommend the haddock: freshly cooked, it was piping hot when I got home and very, very tasty.

There are newer reviews for The Chip Shop in Springfield

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I can only comment on the cod and chips, which I've had several times. Good portion size, nice crispy chips but I prefer my fish batter slightly thicker and a little more crispy which would make it perfect. That said, we still go back for more! The prices are good, the van is spotless and the staff friendly. I love the fact that I can ring my order through and it's ready for me when I get there :-)

1  Thank CrazyCatSmirnoff
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Having been to various Fish & Chip shops around Chelmsford this is by far the best. Your order is cooked fresh while you wait and staff are friendly. Someone talked about small fish portions. I have only ever experienced larger than average size fish. The medium is big compared to others. Really good value what more could you ask for!!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

yes its nice but sadly the three times ive ordered rock its been so very small! It wasnt nearly as big as the portions I get at my local in broomfield and way more expensive. I have been back a few times to see if it was a one off and it wasnt :-(. Very nice people, very clean van etc....just too small for the price...sorry x

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Really pleasant stallholders, friendly, chatty and welcoming but it was a real mixed bag foodwise, scampi and cod flavoursome, generous portions, priced very fairly and freshly cooked but batter was soft on cod. The chips were tasty too but there were too many little sharp piece's. Wrapping got very greasy and it disintegrated marking my clothing. May revisit if in the area.