“tiny fish”

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
chelmsford
“tiny fish”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

yes its nice but sadly the three times ive ordered rock its been so very small! It wasnt nearly as big as the portions I get at my local in broomfield and way more expensive. I have been back a few times to see if it was a one off and it wasnt :-(. Very nice people, very clean van etc....just too small for the price...sorry x

• Visited November 2012

“A Mixed Bag”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Really pleasant stallholders, friendly, chatty and welcoming but it was a real mixed bag foodwise, scampi and cod flavoursome, generous portions, priced very fairly and freshly cooked but batter was soft on cod. The chips were tasty too but there were too many little sharp piece's. Wrapping got very greasy and it disintegrated marking my clothing. May revisit if in the area.

• Visited March 2013
“Absolutely fantastic fish and chips, even better than I get at home!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was back in Chelmsford and was about to head back to Southend when we decided to try this chippy. Coming from the seaside I wasn't expecting any better than the other fish and chips id tried up here but boy was I wrong!

These fish and chips were the best Ive ever had.Usually when you order f&c and you get a sizeable portion you expect the quality to pay the price, but in this intance that just wasn't the case. The chips were delightfully fluffy and my cod was cooked perfectly...there was even the right amount of salt and vinegar. Everybody was left full and completely satisfied. I couldnt stress enough, if you're looking for a world class fish and chips in Chelmsford, visit this chip shop!!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Small shop - big portions”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We use this chippie at least once a month (at least my husband does). The portions are freshly cooked (so be prepared to wait) and huge. In fact the chip portions are too big. I'd like to see smaller chip portions perhaps at a slightly reduced rate. On the whole though it can't be faulted. I wouldn't go anywhere else for my fish and chips.

Visited February 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Get a bigger plate for your cod & chips (the two saxons)”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Can't praise the cod and chips enough. Bought 3 cod specials and one large cod with chips, when i opened a cod special it could have passed for the large cod and would have been if bought from another shop. What a supprise when the large was unveiled, I halved it and it filled the plate the chips had to sit on top. All cooked to perfection with a friendly service and good value for money.

• Visited March 2013