“Lost the plot!”
Review of Slice

Slice
Ranked #23 of 32 Coffee & Tea in Chelmsford
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Slice used to be busy, buzzing, lively, friendly and QUICK! They now seem to have employed drab boring and very very slow staff. The coffees are a one-size-fits-all affair, while all the chains like Starbucks (hate them!) and Pret A Manger (love them but they're expensive) make your coffee exactly how you want. Slice SHOULD be able to do this, but getting the right order even seems a challenge. The number of times I've gone in and just given up waiting while someone wanders around slowly making each single cup of tea.

It's a shame, because Slice used to be great. Now it's just turning into another average place where the builders and roadworkers can get a cheap cup of coffee .... and it won't last like that!

1  Thank GeorgeBR

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Great place for a sandwich, hot baguette or bagel. All freshly made, great selection & quick service.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Popped in here, to grab a coffee. Was the only customer in there, and the person behind the counter was trying to open a box of sugar packets with a pair of scissors as I walked up to the counter.

She looked at me, and carried on with the box, whilst I stood there waiting. After a few moments, she obviously decided I was more important, and moving the box, asked what I wanted.

I ordered the coffee and asked for a "Smartie-covered cookie", and having turned to start making the coffee, the assistant asked "What did you want?", and I had to physically point out what I wanted on the shelf, which was pretty poor.

It took an age to make what was one simple coffee, and I really felt that I was seen as an "interruption" to the assistant's other work, rather than being the focus of it. I wasn't acknowledged with a greeting or a goodbye. The assistant looked completely bored and dis-interested with the whole thing...

Very poor service, and not a place I would bother visiting again, especially when there are so many other better coffee places near by, like Starbucks for example, in the High Chelmer Shopping Centre.

Coffee wasn't great either!

3  Thank JamesUKChelmsford