“Amazing price buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

First visit, and wont be the last. The buffet was amazing value and the food was full of all tje right flavours.
Staff were very friendly and attentive.
Could not recommend this restuarant more highly.

4  Thank Wayne C
There are newer reviews for The Coriander Indian Fusion

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Staff were very friendly and attentive.
Could not recommend this restuarant more highly.

3  Thank Wayne C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited The Coriander on saturday night to celebrate my brothers upcoming birthday. Now he is quite the curry connoisseur so I chose this restaurant based on the food choice not the service reviews which I was quite dubious about.
Upon arrival (at 830pm) I gave my name and the waiter said well we've been waiting for you since 8- that was a nice welcome. He then went to check our table was still available and at this point I checked my reservation which proved I was right and it was in fact their mistake. I showed this to the waiter but no apology was made. This didnt put me in the best mood to start our evening.
We started with some poppadums with the usual choice of dips- mango chutney, yogurt and the onions, we had to request lime pickle which they brought over quite quickly. However when this ran out and we asked for more we waited about 20 minutes and asked 3 different waiting staff and still did not receive any as they then brought out our starters.
The time between courses was lengthly (45 mins to an hour) but once it arrived it was hot and very nice.
At the end of the meal we got offered a complimentary drink as it was our first visit which was nice but also common in Indian restaurants.
It was reasonably priced around £80 for four of us including drinks.

Overall it was a nice meal in a nice restaurant but the staff and their attitudes let it down hugely. For this reason I wont go back, especially given the choice of curry houses in Chelmsford which is a shame as it has the potential to be so much better.

3  Thank flojobright
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We normally eat a la carte at this restaurant, the food is consistently good, as is the service.

We thought we'd try the buffet today & was pleasantly surprised, as, apart from the main course, it was waiter service all the way.

The starters were very good, best samosa ever!

The buffet food was lovely & replenished regularly. The only drawback was the food was not hot enough in temperature for me, though this is clearly not an issue for others, so you could say I'm being picky. However, had the food been slightly hotter, I would give this restaurant a 10/10.

Please give it a try, if you like Indian food, I defy you not to find something delicious on the menu!

4  Thank EssexUKPixylee
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went to the coriander tonight and really enjoyed the food and service. This was our third visit and our meal has always been of a high standard and piping hot. The staff were friendly and polite, and service was good. We had a takeaway delivered free and was still the same standard and lovely and hot, with a bottle of wine on the house. Would definitely recommend and go back.

4  Thank Donna C