“Nice cake....”

Cherry on Top
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a favourite meeting place for a mid shop coffee. The selection of cakes is amazing and the coffee is always good. Lunch options are tasty with seating outside for the (few) days when the weather is behaving....

Reviewed May 22, 2013

For a couple of years, I have been visiting the Cherry on Top at least once a month, whether it be with family, girlfriends, a range of people, it's the place that will meet all needs.
The Cherry on top offer hot and cold meals, I would class it as the type of place to go for a spot of lunch or just a drink and a chat with friends. The cakes are just nothing short of amazing and you get a great sized slice of cake too. They do milkshakes, a range of drinks. The tea-room itself gets very busy and can be very cramped at times. I think that whilst some of the staff can be very helpful, others don't deal so well under pressure and this does show in the service you receive at times- A comment that others have mentioned to me also. Due to the fact that it is rather popular, don't expect this to be the type of place that you can spend time without feeling a tad hurried! ;)... if you love cake, it shouldn't matter too much though!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We popped in to Cherry on Top for a quick lunch after work. The cafe is very well presented, with interesting wall art and lots to look at.

We opted for a sandwich with a side of chips, cream tea and it was huge. The sandwich was made fresh, with a delightful mayonnaise. The side salad was fresh and complimented the sandwich nicely.

Cream tea is a must, huge scones, plenty of jam (with strawberry chunks), clotted cream and butter.

I would definitely recommend a visit if only for the cream tea and excellent service.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were really dissapointed with our visit here, 4 of us ordered lunch, 3 orders arrived, after waiting a while my husband went to enquire where my order was, it had been forgotton, no apology. soon it arrived. There were 4 massive plates that hardly fitted on the tiny table, we had to move things to comfortably eat! My prawn bagguette that cost £6.95 had a tiny side salad and was just not worth it. My husband had ploughmans and had to ask for butter for his bread, this took ages! my daughter had a greek salad that was dripping in oil and my son had a panini that was dry. I found staff unwelcoming and was so expensive we will not be going back, very dissapointing.

1  Thank Helen503775
Reviewed March 19, 2013

So many good things to choose from. I've had amazing breakfasts here, take away sandwiches and tasty paninis and cakes. It is always busy though and one of the pricier tea room/cafes in town but if you can get a seat the treats are well worth the wait.