“Dissapointment”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Dissapointment”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Having been to this venue twice I have no desire to return. One visit was for breakfast with a friend and after waiting 45nins was served with cold scrambled eggs and mushrooms and smoked salmon. We had enquired repeatedly as to the delay to be told "It is just coming" They offered to re-do the breakfast, however we explained we did not have another 45 minutes to spare.
The next visit was with a group from work. We had pre-ordered, however the fish was cold and under cooked and the dessert had to be changed at the table as they had run out of what we had ordered. Not the best way to get customers to return or reccommed the venue .

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Janet W

London, United Kingdom
“Good food but much better communication required”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have been to The Secret Garden several times and the food is generally always good and it has nice decor/ambience. On this occasion, my husband needed to order 3 times before they had the food he wanted and they also did not have his first drink order either.

I think this could be resolved by having a blackboard outside to say the items that are no longer available. This lets everyone know before they order or they can leave if they really want something particular e.g. roast. Very simple step and avoids the need to apologise. This is not the first time we have experienced this so I think if they have a problem predicting orders, which does happen, then this is the best way to tackle it.

The manager apologised but it was more of a 'sorry but' and the reason for the issue e.g. we came too late in the day, the freezer is broken, worried about the quality of the potatoes.

It is a lovely little place but I agree with the other reviews that they do need to work on their customer service and their order procedure. If they sort this out then it is a great place to go and will make the loyalty card worth it.

• Visited September 2013
“I love it”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I can't fault it
perfect homemade food
very decent prices
customer service excellent
I prefer this place in winter because of the fireplace
today I had soup and it was excellent
I'll be back soon

• Visited October 2012
“Not a secret any more”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

These small rooms have a cosy atmosphere maybe not ideal for sharing secrets but outside if the weather is good there's plenty of space and if there's not a wake in progress from the neighbouring crematorium you can sit in the larger extension. I held my 70th birthday celebrations there and it was superb thanks to the wonderful staff. It really is not a secret any more but the success is well deserved and the garden shop is full to bursting with temptations.

Visited August 2013
“What a Gem”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I treated my Mum to afternoon tea purchased through Groupon, Tea rooms are on the side of a nursery with a nice shady garden, you can sit out at tables or in the tea room would suggest pre-booking as it was busy but the service was excellent polite friendly staff happy to help, the tea consisted of 4 small sandwiches each, prawn, tuna, chicken and salad garni, salmon pinwheels, quiche, sausage rolls, cake, fruit scone with jam and cream and a cup of tea or coffee; any extra drinks are chargeable, Price paid through the promotion made this very good value, full price I think was £16 which I think is a tad expensive; Good sized car park and a lovely selection of food available on the menu; we really enjoyed it;

• Visited August 2013